Dullness quotes21 dullness quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“It's one of the ironies of my otherwise straight forward life that I have fallen in love twice. Both times with people who insist on living in this godforsaken town.”
“It's such a grey day.”
“- Brandon: Lana, you are one cranky girl.
- Lana: Yeah, well, you'd be cranky, too, Mister I'm Going To Memphis Graceland Tennessee, if you were stuck in a town where there's nothing to do but go bumper skiing and chase bats every night of your evil fucking life.”
“- William Schwenck Gilbert: Every theatrical performance is a contrivance by its very nature.
- Arthur Sullivan: Yes, but this piece consists entirely of an artificial and implausible situation.
- William Schwenck Gilbert: If you wish to write a grand opera about a prostitute, dying of consumption in a garret, I suggest you contact Mr. Ibsen in...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Style is the answer to everything... a fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous thing. To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without style. To do a dangerous thing with style is what I call art. Bullfighting can be an art. Boxing can be an art. Loving can be an art. Opening a can of sardines can be an art.”
“- Tuptim: How did Mem survive?
- Anna Leonowens: The same way you will. One awful day at a time.”
“Portrait of a woman in transit. Helen Foley, age 27. Occupation: schoolteacher. Up until now, the pattern of her life has been one of unrelenting sameness, waiting for something different to happen. Helen Foley doesn't know it yet, but her waiting has just ended.”
You wanted to know where I'm from? I'm from Connecticut, Mayflower stock. I was taught that my prince would come, and he would be a lawyer, and I would have his children. And on the weekends we would barbecue. And all the other princes and their princesses would come, and they would say, "Delicious, delicious". Oh, how boring.
“Life just gets dull and nothing like a little variety to spice things up.”
“- Veronica Franco: If I were yours alone, your property, chaste and silent, you would soon tire of me.
- Marco Venier: You're wrong!
- Veronica Franco: Am I?”
“- Wendy Judd: What is the worst thing you've ever done?
- Kay Chandler: If I've already done it, it'll be a dull life.”
“Dull is deadly.”
“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.”
“- Bandit: What do you think they do for excitement in this town?
- Cledus Snow: Probably sit around and watch the cars rust.”
“It's narrow. It's dull. It's a dull, narrow town full of dull, narrow people who don't know anything except what things are like right around here. They have no perspective whatsoever, no scope. They might as well be living in the 19th century 'cause they have no idea what's going on, and if you try and tell 'em that they wanna fucking kill you.”
“- Gabrielle: You've got to take me with you and teach me everything you know! You can't leave me here.
- Xena: Why?
- Gabrielle: Did you see the guy they want me to marry?
- Xena: He looks like a gentle soul. That's rare in a man.
- Gabrielle: It's not the gentle part I have a problem with. It's the dull, stupid part.”
“- Zeke: My parents are dead too.
- Marybeth: Really?
- Zeke: Well, they are still breathing, but for all intents and purposes they might as well be dead.”