Crisis quotes34 crisis quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“What do you think will happen when they run off this dough... and there's trillions of extra dollars, francs, and marks floating around? You've got a collapse of confidence in the currency. People are gonna panic. There's gonna be gold riots, atonal music... political chaos, mass suicide. Right? It's Germany before Hitler. You can see that....” (continue)(continue reading)
“It's like you know - how in a time of crisis, people either come together or fall apart.”
“- Evelyn Adler: Midlife crisis, apparently.
- Frank Adler: He's 70.
- Evelyn Adler: I know. Must have been on time delay or something.”
“Luckily, I saw this coming, cashed out my retirement, bought a condo in Miami Beach, new tits for the wife. Silicone. It's legal again.”
“The end of Hollywood was always predictable. There were always financial crises.”
“In times of real trouble, the one thing man can depend on is the sympathy of the bank.”
“Even in a time of intergalactic crisis, people still want to roll them bones.”
“- Sheriff: Why do you go hanging out with guys, you being a girl yourself? Why do you go around kissing every girl?
- Brandon: I... don't see what this has to do with what had happened.
- Sheriff: I'm asking you all these so that when I speak to the jury, they're going to want some answers, so I have to know exactly what is going on. Now, are...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I spent my entire academic career studying the Great Depression. The depression may have started because of a stock market crash, but what hit the general economy was a disruption of credit. Average citizens unable to borrow money, to do anything. To buy a home, start a business, stock their shelves.”
“America's heavy manufacturing is dead.”
“It's all a delusion and you're so much better than everybody 'cause you can see how this is just a delusion, and you're so much worse because you can't fucking function.”
“- Weinstein: We always said that we would bail on any job if the intel sucked. Already the vault specs are shit, we're behind schedule, our number 3 guy Lancelot is a fuckin' psycho. We got two hillbillies in the lobby playing with weapons-grade plastic explosives, our faces in the open. Ten years ago we would have bailed, you know I'm right.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lor-Em: Our energy reserves were exhausted. What would you have us do, El?
- Jor-El: Look to the stars, like our ancestors did! There are habitable worlds within reach. We can begin by using the old outposts.
- Ro-Zar: Are you seriously suggesting that we evacuate the entire planet?”
“The entire economy is flat. We're in the middle of a damn recession.”
“- Salinger: Our stock's in the fucking toilet.
- Gene: Everybody's stock's in the toilet.”
“The crisis may be a recognition, a decision, or a resolution. The character understands what hasn't been seen before, or realizes what must be done, or finally decides to do it. It's when the worm turns. Timing is crucial. If the crisis occurs too early, readers will expect still another turning point. If it occurs too late, readers will get...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Anaïs Nin: I'm passing through a crisis Eduardo.
- Eduardo: Be careful Anaïs, abnormal pleasures kill the taste for normal ones.”
“Civilization is crumbling.”
“- Kermit the Frog: Another crisis solved.
- Robin the Frog: Yeah, there sure are a lot of us here.
- Kermit the Frog: Well, all families start to come together.
- Robin the Frog: We always get together at Christmas.
- Kermit the Frog: Yeah, life would just pass in a blur if it weren't for times like this.”
“I feel like Nancy Drew in the mystery of the mid-life crisis.”