“Coming Home” quotes(1978)
Plot – Captain Bob Hyde goes to Vietnam together with his friend, Sergeant Dink Mobley. Sally, Bob's wife, volunteers as nurse in a hospital for veterans and there she meets Luke Martin, a young paralyzed man. Sally assists her brother Bill too, who's gone mad and continuously tries to commit suicide. Sally falls in love with Luke and their relationship continues even after his discharge. Meanwhile Bob returns home and he learns about his wife and Luke. The Captain goes crazy but the wise words of Luke calm him.
All actors – Jane Fonda, Jon Voight, Bruce Dern, Penelope Milford, Robert Carradine, Robert Ginty, Mary Gregory, Kathleen Miller, Beeson Carroll, Willie Tyler, Louis Carello, Charles Cyphersshow all
“Coming Home” Quotes 14 quotes
“The Marine Corps builds body, mind and spirit. Thank you.”
“I'm not the enemy. Maybe the enemy is the fucking war. But, you don't want to kill anybody here. You have enough ghosts to carry around.”
“- Luke Martin: Turn the light on. I want to see you.
- Sally Hyde: What do I do?
- Luke Martin: Everything. I want you to do everything.
- Sally Hyde: Where can I touch you? Where can you - where can you feel?
- Luke Martin: It's nice. I'm real sensitive, in all areas that I feel - real sensitive.
- Sally Hyde: Can you feel that at all?
- Luke...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sally Hyde: You like tiger balm? It makes you feel real cool. I'll put some on your back.
- Capt. Bob Hyde: Is that the way you massage the basket cases at the hospital?”
“You know, I spend 95% of the time at the hospital thinking of making love with you.”
“The reason why I'm here is because a buddy of mine who'd been in Vietnam took his own life today. This is kind of a funeral service. And I'm here because I'm trying to tell people, man, if we want to commit suicide, we have plenty of reasons to do it right here at home. We don't have to go to Vietnam to find reasons to kill ourselves. I just...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Capt. Bob Hyde: I've waited a long time for an opportunity like this.
- Capt Hyde's Friend: You're going to make Major.
- Sally Hyde: Major?
- Capt. Bob Hyde: Major.”
“Do you know that when I dream, I don't have, I'm not in the chair? I don't even have a chair in my dream. I have legs. When I was a kid, I used to jump in my mother's kitchen and touch the ceiling. She used to get pissed off because I'd leave my handprints on the ceiling, you know. I still check the snow reports, the conditions at Mammoth. I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Luke Martin: I'm not a very nice person.
- Sally Hyde: You are to me.”
“- Capt. Bob Hyde: What the hell did you do to your hair?
- Sally Hyde: I've stopped straightening it.”
“There's not enough beds. There's not enough staff. It''s really crowded and guys have to wait in line. They are just not prepared for the number of wounded guys that are being sent back.”
“- Capt. Bob Hyde: Why did you have to go to work in the hospital?
- Sally Hyde: Because I wanted to.
- Capt. Bob Hyde: It's the pits! You didn't have to do that. I just don't want you to work.”