Disability quotes19 disability quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“One day he went swimming and dove headfirst into the lake... and right into a rock. And it snapped his neck, paralyzed him. And after the accident I'd look in on him from time to time. But he wasn't there. It was like his mind, his spirit, whatever you want to call it, just disappeared. The only thing left was just anger. Just sort of as if the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Todd Peterson: I guess she's what you'd call a hermit. She talked kinda funny, too. She was kinda like: 'Durr murr muh...'.
- Jerome Lovell: Only one side of her face was working. You try talking out of one side of your face.”
“We want to make one thing very clear to you, Ron. The possibility of your ever walking again is minimal... almost impossible. You're a T6 - paralyzed from the mid-chest down. Probably... you'll be in a wheelchair for the rest of your life.”
- Ralph: "Albert Einstein, Van Gogh, Roosevelt, Frida Kahlo" - What is this?
- P.L. Travers: They all had difficulties. Jane can do anything that anyone else can do, do you understand? Look on the back.
- Ralph: "Walt Disney".
- P.L. Travers: Deficiencies in concentration and hyperactive behavior. Explains everything!
“This is when I know I'm helpless. My hands are down there on the bed. I can't put them on again without calling to somebody for help. I can't smoke a cigarette or read a book. If that door should blow shut, I can't open it and get out of this room. I'm as dependent as a baby that doesn't know how to get anything except to cry for it.”
“For a man in a wheelchair, he certainly gets around marvellously.”
“Don't worry, Mr. Simms. I look weird, but otherwise I'm real normal. Everything'll be cool.”
“- Kayley: Why won't you look at me when I'm talking to you?... Oh. Oh, I didn't realize you were...
- Garrett: What? Tall? Rugged? Handsome?
- Kayley: Blind.
- Garrett: ...You know, I always forget that one.”
“- Carolyn McDuffy: I'm afraid I'm falling in love but I don't want to. He's mentally retarded.
- Dr. Frederico Cruz: How retarded?
- Carolyn McDuffy: Retarded retarded.”
“- John Henry Irons: I can imagine how you feel.
- Susan Sparks: No. No you can't.
- John Henry Irons: You're right. I can't.”
“Do you know that when I dream, I don't have, I'm not in the chair? I don't even have a chair in my dream. I have legs. When I was a kid, I used to jump in my mother's kitchen and touch the ceiling. She used to get pissed off because I'd leave my handprints on the ceiling, you know. I still check the snow reports, the conditions at Mammoth. I'm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“First you told me he was gonna be retarded, then you told me he was gonna be blind and deaf. If I'd dug his grave every time one of you geniuses told me he was gonna die, I'd be eating fuckin' chop suey in China by now!”
“The handicapped are always cranky.”