Medicine quotes122 medicine quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“This whole time I've been living for my treatments, instead of doing my treatments so that I can live. And I wanna live.”
“- Lt. Sam Weinberg: Nobody likes the whites, but we're going to Cuba. You got Dramamine?
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: Dramamine keeps you cool?
- Lt. Sam Weinberg: No, Dramamine keeps you from throwing up. You get sick when you fly.
- Lt. Daniel Kaffee: I get sick when I fly because I'm afraid of crashing into a large mountain. I don't think...” (continue)(continue reading)
On a daily basis I consume enough drugs to sedate Manhattan, Long Island, and Queens for a month. I take Quaaludes 10-15 times a day for my "back pain", Adderall to stay focused, Xanax to take the edge off, pot to mellow me out, cocaine to wake me back up again, and morphine... well, because it's awesome.
“- Stanley Motss: He's fine as long as he gets his medications...
- Winifred Ames: And if he doesn't get his medications?
- Stanley Motss: He's not fine.”
“- Crisp: Mother, you are going to make him sick. You stuffed all this crap down my throat for years, and there was nothing wrong with me!
- Eleanor Crisp: That's why there was nothing wrong with you.
- Cullen Crisp: Now, how can you argue with that?”
Good evening, citizens of Frank. In the past few weeks of the campaign, my opponent has thrown around a lot of fancy words to try to confuse the issues. Words like "exercise", "low-fat", and "diet" - words designed to scare us into changing what has worked for so many years. Well, I say let's stay the course. Remember, a fat Frank is a happy Frank.
“- Mallory: You ever heard of penicillin?
- Schroeder: No.
- Mallory: No, well, I'm not surprised. It's a new developement. It's a drug that prevents wounds from becoming infected.”
“- Wendell Sonny Lawson: Mom, I've been having trouble getting sleep lately. Do you have any sleeping pills?
- Maureen Lawson: Sleeping pills? I don't think we have any sleeping pills do we, Ben?
- Ben Lawson: Your know darn well we have enough sleeping pills in there to put the whole Mormon Tabernacle Choir in a coma!”
“- Victor Von Frankenstein: Since the beginning of modern medicine, there has been an assumption regarding the status of mortality. That being that death is an unavoidable event, the inevitability of which we should take for granted. I will show today that life is not some grace bestowed upon us by some outdated notion of an all-powerful...
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down. Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way.”
“Oh, boy. Well, some of my patients prefer walking, some prefer bicycling. But for best results, to guarantee satisfaction, most of them like fucking. You know, poonta-poonta-poonta. I like it myself, you know. One in the morning, and late at night.”
“Placebo means bullshit.”
“- Howard: Mrs. Lipkin said there'd be some suppositories in here!
- To-Bel: Why dontcha try heatin' up some nice corn-on-the-cob and shovin' that up y'ass?”
“Great, Valium. Not only will we be able to get to sleep, but if we're attacked in the middle of the night, we won't even care.”
“It's the times. They are a changing. Something's blowing in the wind. Fetch me my diet pills, would you, hon?”
“- Dr. Eve Saks: We can make you comfortable.
- Ron Woodroof: What? Hook me up to the morphine drip, let me fade on out? Nah. Sorry, lady, but I prefer to die with my boots on.”
“I'm gonna find the guy who invented Xylocaine and kiss his ass on Hollywood and Vine!”
“There's nothing wrong with you that can't be cured with a little Prozac and a polo mallet.”
“- Dr. Cyril Wecht: Yeah, well, it's not medicine. I don't know what it is.
- Dr. Julian Bailes: It's business.”
“I'm on the pill... just in case.”