Jon Voight quotes
“Gentlemen, most of you did not know me when I had the use of my legs. I was strong, and proud, and arrogant. Now I wonder, every hour of my life, why God put me into this chair. But when I see defeat in the eyes of my countrymen, in your eyes right now, I start to think that maybe He brought me down for times like these when we all need to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Adm. Chester W. Nimitz: Mr. President, with all respect, sir. What you're asking can't be done.
[the president attempts to disengage his wheelchair leg braces and stand]
- George: [tries to aid the president] Mr. President...
- Roosevelt: Get back, George. Get back. [struggles to stand but is able to stand erect] Do not tell me it can't be done.”
“I like sub commanders. They have no time for bullshit, and neither do I.”
“I'm not the enemy. Maybe the enemy is the fucking war. But, you don't want to kill anybody here. You have enough ghosts to carry around.”
“- T.J.: Champ, did you love her?
- Billy: Who?
- T.J.: Annie.
- Billy: Of course I loved her, that's why we had you.”
“Never show weakness, the only pain that matters is the pain you inflict.”
“Angelina is my daughter and I am always wishing her the best.”
“- Luke Martin: Turn the light on. I want to see you.
- Sally Hyde: What do I do?
- Luke Martin: Everything. I want you to do everything.
- Sally Hyde: Where can I touch you? Where can you - where can you feel?
- Luke Martin: It's nice. I'm real sensitive, in all areas that I feel - real sensitive.
- Sally Hyde: Can you feel that at all?
- Luke...” (continue)(continue reading)
“All life begins with water. So think of it this way, I'm givin' you life.”
“- Denise Kalberg: It was you who brought that snake? You brought the devil!
- Paul Serone: There's a devil inside everyone.”
“Everything turns to callous eventually. That's life!”
- Oscar "Manny" Manheim: You got real guts! More guts than brains!
- Sara: What did you say?
- Oscar "Manny" Manheim: No brains!
- Sara: That's mean!
- Oscar "Manny" Manheim: That's the truth!
“You're dead to me, son. You're even more dead to me than your dead mother.”
“You know, I spend 95% of the time at the hospital thinking of making love with you.”
“This river can kill you in a thousand ways.”
“I'm at war with the world and everybody in it.”