“California Suite” quotes(1978)
Plot – The Oscar night is coming and five couples arrive at the famous hotel "Beverly Hills" of Los Angeles. Bill is visited by his former wife Hannah because their restless daughter Jenny has abandoned her to stay with him. Hannah wants to devour Bill but once she understands Jenny's reasons, she decides to let the girl stay with her father. Diana, as an actress, is in the Oscar nominations' list. Marvin is there only to attend his granddaughter's First Communion, while his brother Harry, thinking Marvin is a womanizer, sends in his room a girl that triggers a fight between Marvin and his wife Mollie, who takes advantage to get a new wardrobe. Two black doctors and their wives arrive there on a vacation that will be disastrous.
All actors – Jane Fonda, Alan Alda, Maggie Smith, Michael Caine, Walter Matthau, Elaine May, Herb Edelman, Denise Galik, Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby, Gloria Gifford, Sheila Fraziershow all
“California Suite” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Diana Barrie: Don't close your eyes, Sidney.
- Sidney Cochran: I always close my eyes.
- Diana Barrie: Not tonight. Look at me tonight. Let it be me tonight.”
“New York is not the center of the god damn universe. Grant you, it's exciting, vibrant, stimulating, fabulous city; but, it is not Mecca. It just smells like it.”
“- Diana Barrie: What's wrong with my hair? I look like I've combed it with a towel.
- Sidney Cochran: When you played Elizabeth, you looked like a warthog and you never complained once.
- Diana Barrie: That was acting. This is living. Living, I want to be beautiful.”
“It is so easy to dress in England. You just put on warm clothing.”
“- Diana Barrie: God damn him! God damn you. God damn Oscars. God damn California! God damn everything.
- Sidney Cochran: What is it about this climate that brings out the religion in you?”
“I don't follow other people's films.”
“- Hannah Warren: You drive everywhere, do you?
- Bill Warren: Everywhere.
- Hannah Warren: Even to your car?”
“- Diana Barrie: You should have never given it up, Sidney.
- Sidney Cochran: What?
- Diana Barrie: Acting! Christ, you were good. You had more promise than anyone.”
“Oh! Gorgeous color. The smog. I wonder if they sell it in bottles. It would make a wonderful present for the folks back home.”
“- Diana Barrie: Oh, Christ, I hate getting dressed like this. Why is it I'm always perfectly comfortable as somebody else. I'd be perfectly happy going as Hedda Gabler.
- Sidney Cochran: Try Quasimodo.
- Diana Barrie: Try shutting up!”
“- Diana Barrie: You can stop pretending to be asleep, Sidney. It's over.
- Sidney Cochran: I was listening to Beethoven's Ninth. Somewhere on this plane there's a wonderful orchestra.”
“I've just thrown up on some of the biggest people in Hollywood. Now is no time to be sensitive.”
“Screw the Oscars. Screw the Academy Awards. Screw me, Sidney. Please. Please.”
“You drank everything in this state. Try Nevada!”
“Why do men have to get better looking when they get older. Remind me to bring it up with the Equal Rights Commission.”