“Some Kind of Wonderful” quotes(1987)
Plot – Watts is a tomboy girl who falls in love with her best friend Keith, who's in turn engaged to the most beautiful girl in the school, whose former rich boyfriend cannot conquer her anymore. He decides to take revenge setting his sights on Keith.
All actors – Eric Stoltz, Mary Stuart Masterson, Lea Thompson, Craig Sheffer, John Ashton, Elias Koteas, Molly Hagan, Maddie Corman, Jane Elliot, Candace Cameron Bure, Chynna Phillips, Scott Coffey, Carmine Caridi, Lee Garlington, Laura Leigh Hughes, Laura Tubelle, Amy Lynne, Michael Bergman, Megan Daniels, Dale L. Evans, Peter Elbling, Patricia Gaul, Kenneth Kimmins, James MacDonald, J. Patrick McNamara, Jonathan Schmock, James Vallely, Lita Stevens, Christine Spiotta, Tom Ashton, Laurence Elliott, Cleo Murray, Andy Tolson, Steve Alterman, Pamela Anderson, Cathy Cavadini, Ike Eisenmann, Deborah Fallender, Noelle Harling, Barbara Harris, David McCharen, Paige Pollack, Bryan Scott, Vernon Scott, Michael Spezzanoshow all
“Some Kind of Wonderful” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Girl: I've just never seen a girl wearing boys underpants before.
- Watts: Have you ever seen a girl with a drumstick shoved up her nose?
- Girl: Oh, is that some kind of a threat?
- Watts: It's some kind of a warning.”
“It's better to swallow pride than blood.”
“I can't afford to have you hate me, Keith. The only things I care about in this goddamn life are me and my drums and you.”
“I'd rather be with someone for the wrong reasons than alone for the right.”
“- Amanda Jones: So, do you always bring an extra girl when you go out?
- Keith Nelson: Well, I like to cover my bets.
- Amanda Jones: That's very cute. I'll have to remember that.”
“I like art, I work in a gas station, my best friend is a tomboy. These things don't fly too well in the American high school.”
“- Keith Nelson: You can't tell a book by its cover.
- Watts: No, but you can tell how much it's gonna cost you.
- Keith Nelson: Wow, I never knew you were so deep.”
“- Watts: [putting on Keith Nelson's diamond earrings] What do you think?
- Keith Nelson: You look good wearing my future.”
“- Cliff Nelson: Glad you got time to think about the girls. Between the girls and your art kick, you have no time for anything important. You'll be dead and buried before you get off your butt and apply to a college.
- Laura Nelson: Ease up, Dad. Any fool can get into a college. Only a precious few may say the same about Amanda Jones.”
“Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs.”