“Top Gun” quotes(1986)
Plot – Mitchell is a fighter pilot and he trains to become a "top gun" with the stubborn determination to live up to the memory of his father, who died in Vietnam. Caring nothing for the rules, he falls in love with Charlie, a blonde instructor and his superior; moreover, he blames himself for his co-pilot’s death.
All actors – Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards, Tom Skerritt, Michael Ironside, John Stockwell, Barry Tubb, Rick Rossovich, Tim Robbins, Clarence Gilyard Jr., Whip Hubley, James Tolkan, Meg Ryan, Adrian Pasdar, Randall Brady, Duke Stroud, Brian Sheehan, Ron Clark, Frank Pesce, Pete Pettigrew, Troy Hunter, Linda Rae Jurgens, T.J. Cassidy, , Debi Fares, Mark Gadbois, Chase Jazzborne, Monty Jordan, Scott Krambeck, Kate Romero, Victor Spadaro, Wendy Wells-Gunkelshow all
“Top Gun” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Maverick: Well, I just happened to see a MiG 28 do a...
- Goose: We!
- Maverick: Uh, sorry, Goose. We happened to see a MiG 28 do a 4g negative dive.
- Charlie: Where did you see this?
- Maverick: Uh, that's classified.
- Charlie: It's what?
- Maverick: It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.”
“You don't have time to think up there. If you think, you're dead.”
“- Maverick: Mustang, this is Maverick, requesting fly-by.
- Air Boss Johnson: Negative, Ghost Rider. The Pattern is full.
- Merlin: Uh, excuse me, something I should know about?
- Air Boss Johnson: [gets his coffee] Thank you.
[Maverick does a fly-by past the Enterprise, causing Air Boss Johnson to spill his coffee]
- Air Boss Johnson: Goddamn...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Iceman: You can be my wingman any time.
- Maverick: Bullshit! You can be mine.”
“- Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is, they are up here on this plaque.
[turns to Maverick]
- Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?
- Maverick: Yes, sir.
- Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.
- Maverick: Yes, sir.
- Viper: I like that in a pilot.”
“- Charlie: Listen, can I ask you a personal question?
- Maverick: That depends.
- Charlie: Are you a good pilot?
- Maverick: I can hold my own.
- Charlie: Great, then I won't have to worry about you making your living as a singer.
- Maverick: I'm going to need a beer to put these flames out. Yo! Great Mav, real slick.”
“- Viper: How ya doin'?
- Maverick: I'm all right.
- Viper: Goose is dead.
- Maverick: I know.
- Viper: You fly jets long enough, something like this happens.
- Maverick: He was my R.I.O., my responsibility.
- Viper: My squadron, we lost 8 of 18 aircraft. 10 men. First one dies, you die too. But there will be others. You can count on that. You...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Is this your idea of fun, Mav?”
No, boys. There's two "O"s in Goose.