Slavery quotes131 slavery quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“No one is more enslaved than a slave who doesn't think they're enslaved.”
“- Etta Candy: I'm introducing myself. It's Etta Candy. I'm Steve Trevor's secretary.
- Diana Prince: What is a secretary?
- Etta Candy: Oh, well, I do everything. I go where he tells me to go, I do what he tells me to do.
- Diana Prince: Well, where I'm from that's called slavery.
- Etta Candy: I really like her.”
Jefferson's an American saint because he wrote the words, "All men are created equal." Words he clearly didn't believe, since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He was a richwine snob who was sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So yeah, he wrote some lovely words and aroused the rabble, and they went out and died for those words,... (continue)(continue reading)
“Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.”
“Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage you prepare your own limbs to wear them. Fuckin' Abraham Lincoln said it, and I fuckin' believe it, so you have got to get me the fuck out! Now!”
“We are here for something new, this has not happened much, in the history of the world. We are an army out to set other men free. America should be free ground, all of it, not divided by a line between slave states and free - all the way from here to the PacificOcean. No man has to bow. No man born to royalty. Here we judge you by what you do,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Clarence Hill: You know I can't go to the Green Room with every little thing. I'be got to wait for something big, or a bunch of little things. Now we can't let our power be dissipated by the, by the plant...
- Zeke Brown: Plant my ass, man! That's all you talk about, "the plant"! Everybody know what "the plant" is. "The plant" just short for... (continue)(continue reading)
“We got a whole hat philosophy, you know what I'm saying? Back in the days when there was slaves and stuff, they would work in the hot sun all day, with the sun beating down them. Hatless. Not even a babushka. So by the time they got back to the plantation from being in all the heat, they was too tired to rebel against their masters, right? So...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In England, there's no acknowledgement the invention of slavery came from Britain.”
“- Spartacus: All men lose when they die and all men die. But a slave and a free man lose different things.
- Tigranes Levantus: They both lose life.
- Spartacus: When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win.”
“Slavery is something that is all too often swept under the carpet. The shame doesn't even belong to us, but we still experience it because we're a part of the African race. If it happened to one, it happened to all. We carry that burden.”
“Better a madman than a slave.”
“They became alert to the concept of slavery. And, as their numbers grew, to slavery's antidote which, of course, is unity. At first, they began assembling in small groups. They learned the art of corporate and militant action. They learned to refuse. At first, they just grunted their refusal. But then, on an historic day, which is commemorated...” (continue)(continue reading)
“As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of religion.”
“In the skull of the African here, the area associated with submissiveness is larger than any human or other sub-human species on planet Earth. If you examine this piece of skull here, you'll notice three distinct dimples. Here, here and here. Now if I was holding a skull of a... of an Isaac Newton or Galileo, these three dimples would be in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Dr. King Schultz: Alexander Dumas. He wrote "The Three Musketeers." I figured you must be an admirer. You named your slave after his novel's lead character. If Alexander Dumas had been there today, I wonder what he would have made of it?
- Calvin Candie: You doubt he'd approve?
- Dr. King Schultz: Yes. His approval would be a dubious... (continue)(continue reading)
“Django is a free man. He cannot be treated like a slave. He... within the boundaries of good taste, he must be treated as an extension of myself.”
“Gypsies get beaten! Gypsies must be slaves.”
“- King: How come you have a blond, blue-eyed slave?
- The Sheik: He's an actor. Hasn't had a series in seven years.
- The Slapper: Nine.”
“- Dr. King Schultz: I can't express the joy I felt conversing in my mother tongue. And Hildi is a charming conversation companion.
- Calvin Candie: Well, be careful now, Dr. Schultz. You might have caught yourself a little dose of nigger love. Nigger love's a powerful emotion, boy. It's like a pool of black tar. Once it catches your ass, your...” (continue)(continue reading)