Slavery quotes130 slavery quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“No one is more enslaved than a slave who doesn't think they're enslaved.”
“- Etta Candy: I'm introducing myself. It's Etta Candy. I'm Steve Trevor's secretary.
- Diana Prince: What is a secretary?
- Etta Candy: Oh, well, I do everything. I go where he tells me to go, I do what he tells me to do.
- Diana Prince: Well, where I'm from that's called slavery.
- Etta Candy: I really like her.”
Jefferson's an American saint because he wrote the words, "All men are created equal." Words he clearly didn't believe, since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He was a richwine snob who was sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So yeah, he wrote some lovely words and aroused the rabble, and they went out and died for those words,... (continue)(continue reading)
“Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.”
“Once you familiarize yourself with the chains of bondage you prepare your own limbs to wear them. Fuckin' Abraham Lincoln said it, and I fuckin' believe it, so you have got to get me the fuck out! Now!”
“In England, there's no acknowledgement the invention of slavery came from Britain.”
“Slavery is something that is all too often swept under the carpet. The shame doesn't even belong to us, but we still experience it because we're a part of the African race. If it happened to one, it happened to all. We carry that burden.”
“Better a madman than a slave.”
“They became alert to the concept of slavery. And, as their numbers grew, to slavery's antidote which, of course, is unity. At first, they began assembling in small groups. They learned the art of corporate and militant action. They learned to refuse. At first, they just grunted their refusal. But then, on an historic day, which is commemorated...” (continue)(continue reading)
“As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of religion.”
“In the skull of the African here, the area associated with submissiveness is larger than any human or other sub-human species on planet Earth. If you examine this piece of skull here, you'll notice three distinct dimples. Here, here and here. Now if I was holding a skull of a... of an Isaac Newton or Galileo, these three dimples would be in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Dr. King Schultz: Alexander Dumas. He wrote "The Three Musketeers." I figured you must be an admirer. You named your slave after his novel's lead character. If Alexander Dumas had been there today, I wonder what he would have made of it?
- Calvin Candie: You doubt he'd approve?
- Dr. King Schultz: Yes. His approval would be a dubious... (continue)(continue reading)
“Django is a free man. He cannot be treated like a slave. He... within the boundaries of good taste, he must be treated as an extension of myself.”
“Gypsies get beaten! Gypsies must be slaves.”
“- King: How come you have a blond, blue-eyed slave?
- The Sheik: He's an actor. Hasn't had a series in seven years.
- The Slapper: Nine.”
“- Dr. King Schultz: I can't express the joy I felt conversing in my mother tongue. And Hildi is a charming conversation companion.
- Calvin Candie: Well, be careful now, Dr. Schultz. You might have caught yourself a little dose of nigger love. Nigger love's a powerful emotion, boy. It's like a pool of black tar. Once it catches your ass, your...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Reverend Parris: Why did Goody Proctor discharge you from her service?
- Abigail Williams: Because I refused to be her slave.”
“- Surgeon: Lincoln is gonna issue an emancipation proclamation. Gonna free the slaves.
- Col. Robert Gould Shaw: What?
- Surgeon: Well, maybe not the ones in the border states but he's gonna free some of 'em, anyway.
- Col. Robert Gould Shaw: My God.
- Surgeon: Yeah, he said he would have done it sooner, only he was waiting for a big victory,...” (continue)(continue reading)