“- Joyce: Shame on you, keeping your unusual guest all to Yourself. We think that's mighty selfish of you.
- Peg: No, it, it's... Things have just been a little hectic around here. That's all.
- Joyce: Oh, that was so sweet of you to want to correct the situation. What time does the barbecue begin?
- Peg: Barbecue?
- Joyce: Well, you intend to...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Edward Scissorhands” quotes(1990)
Plot – Peggy Boggs, a cosmetics door-to-door saleswoman in search for clients, knocks at the door of a sinister Gothic castle at the edge of the residential area where she lives. A strange young man lives here. He is pale and frightened and has shears instead of hands. He lives alone after the sudden death of his inventor-father, who died before being able to attach Edward's hands, so his imperfection severely affects him. Peggy, moved to pity, takes him home to live with her family: her husband Bill, teenage son Kevin and daughter Kim. The strange guest immediately arouses curiosity among Peggy's gossipy friends. They fight over him, morbidly attracted to him by his "diversity" and enthusiastic about the wonderful work that Edward is able to do with his scissors like shape trees and bushes into original human or animal forms, shave dogs and create elegant hairstyles for the ladies.
All actors – Johnny Depp, Winona Ryder, Dianne Wiest, Anthony Michael Hall, Kathy Baker, Robert Oliveri, Conchata Ferrell, Caroline Aaron, Dick Anthony Williams, O-Lan Jones, Vincent Price, Alan Arkin, Susan Blommaert, Linda Perri, John Davidson, Biff Yeager, Marti Greenberg, Bryan Larkin, John McMahon, Victoria Price, Stuart Lancaster, Gina Gallagher, Aaron Lustig, Alan Fudge, Steven Brill, Peter Palmer, Marc Macaulay, Carmen J. Alexander, Brett Rice, Andrew B. Clark, Kelli Crofton, Linda Jean Hess, Rosalyn Thomson, Lee Ralls, Eileen Meurer, Bea Albano, Donna Pieroni, Ken DeVaul, Michael Gaughan, Tricia Lloyd, Kathy Dombo, Rex Fox, Sherry Ferguson, Tabetha Thomas, Tammy Boalo, Jackie Carson, Carol Crumrine, Suzanne Chrosniak, Ellin Dennis, Kathy Fleming, Jalaine Gallion, Miriam Goodspeed, Dianne L. Green, Mary Jane Heath, Carol D. Klasek, Laura Nader, Doyle Anderson, Harvey Bellman, Michael Brown, Gary Clark, Roland Douville, Russell E. Green, Cecil Hawkins, Jack W. Kapfhamer, Bill Klein, Phil Olson, Joe Sheldon, James Spicer, Nick Carter, Tim Rerucha, L.A. Rothmanshow all
“Edward Scissorhands” Quotes 44 quotes
“Oh! Eddie, is there anything you can't do? You take my very breath away, I swear. Look at this! Have you ever cut a woman's hair? Would you cut mine?”
“- Officer Allen: Put your hands high in the air where we can see them! Your hands up!
- Policeman: He's got something in his hands. Looks like knives.
- Officer Allen: Drop your weapons! I repeat: drop your weapons! I'm asking you one more time this is your last warning, drop your weapons! If you fail to do so, we'll have to open fire! Don't...” (continue) (continue reading)
“The light concealing cream goes on first, then you blend and blend and lend. Blending is the secret. More concealing for you? But you complexion is so fair. Now this has a touch of lavender in it. Give it a try here. Close enough. OK. This should do the trick here. I have another idea. We'll cover up the scars and start with a completely smooth...” (continue) (continue reading)
“I'd give my left nut to see that again.”
“- Jim: [after seeing Edward accidentally cut Kim] Hey! Now you've done it!
- Kim: It was just a scratch Jim, really!
- Peg Boggs: What's going on?
- Jim: Call a doctor, he skewered Kim!
- Kim: He didn't skewer me!
- Jim: [now bullying and shoving Edward] You can't touch anything without destroying it! Who the hell do you think you are hanging...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Kim: Hold me.
Edward: I can't.”
“- Officer Allen: Will he be OK, Doc?
- Psychologist: The years spent in isolation have not equipped him with the tools necessary to judge right from wrong. He's had no context. He's been completely without guidance. Furthermore, his work - the garden sculptures, hairstyles and so forth - indicate that he's a highly imaginative... uh......” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Edward: Kevin, you wanna play scissors, paper, stone again?
- Kevin: No!
- Edward: Why not?
- Kevin: 'Cause it's boring. I always win!”
“- Kim: Stop It! Or I'll kill you myself!
- Jim: Bullshit!
- Jim: [to Edward who is approaching Kim] Hey, I said stay away from her!”
“- Host-TV: Quite a story, yes? Any questions for Edward? Yeah, get way over. Stand right up.
- Audience Member #1: What's been the best part of your new life here in town?
- Edward: The friends I made.
- Host-TV: Any other questions?
- Audience Member #2: Have you ever thought of having corrective surgery or prosthetics? I know a doctor that...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Kim: Edward, I was so afraid. I thought you were dead.
- Jim: [coming into the screen with a revolver] I didn't.”
“- Kim: Snuggle in, sweetie. It's cold out there.
- Granddaughter: Why is it snowing, Grandma?
- Kim: Oh, that's a long story.
- Granddaughter: I want to hear.
- Kim: Oh, not tonight. Go to sleep.
- Granddaughter: I'm not sleepy. Tell me, please?
- Kim: Well, all right. Let's see...I guess it would have to start with scissors.
-...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Bill: Okay, a little ethics. You are walking down the street. You find a suitcase full of money. There's nobody around. No human person is in evidence. What do you do? A You keep the money. B You use it to buy gifts for your friends and your loved ones. C You give it to the poor. D You turn it into the police.
- Kim: That is really stupid.
-...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Sweetheart, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies.”
“- Kevin: Man, those things are cool! You know, I bet they're razor-sharp. One karate chop to a guy's neck...
- Peg Boggs: Kevin...! Edward... would you like some butter for your bread? Great!
- Edward: Thank you.
- Kevin: Hey, can I bring him to show and tell on Monday?
- Peg Boggs: Kevin, I've had enough.”
“- Peg Boggs: Why are you hiding back there? You don't have to hide from me - I'm Peg Boggs, your local Avon representative and I'm as harmless as cherry pie...
- Peg Boggs: Oh - I can see that I've disturbed you. I'll just be going now...
- Edward: Don't go.
- Peg Boggs: [sees his scissor hands] Oh, my. What happened to you?
- Edward: I'm not...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Eddie. The guys and I were talking, we'd like want to invite you to our card game on Friday night. Would you like that? Only thing is, you can't cut!”
“- Peg Boggs: My, those are your hands? Those are your hands! What happened to you? Where are your parents? Um... Your mother? Your father?
- Edward: He didn't wake up.
- Peg Boggs: Are you alone? Do you live up here all by yourself? What happened to your face? No, I won't hurt you. But at the very least, let me give you a good astringent. And...” (continue) (continue reading)