“The Frisco Kid” quotes(1979)
Plot – Avram Belinski is a Polish rabbi but the elderly people don't trust him. He's sent to work to San Francisco and as a reward he can marry young Sarah, but once in Philadelphia he begins an adventurous journey to an unfamiliar country. He speaks only Hyddish and a bit of English, so he is soon cheated by swindlers. However he doesn't give up and accepts any job to reach San Francisco. Together with Tommy Bronco, a good-hearted gangster, Avram comes across many adventures and wins the trust of the Indian leader, Cloud Grey. Accidentally he kills one gangster and Avram starts to doubt himself, but in the end he reaches San Francisco.
All actors – Gene Wilder, Harrison Ford, Ramon Bieri, Val Bisoglio, George DiCenzo, Leo Fuchs, Penny Peyser, William Smith, Jack Somack, Beege Barkette, Shay Duffin, Walter Janovitzshow all
“The Frisco Kid” Quotes 12 quotes
“Don't you judge people by their appearance.”
“- Avram: Tommy, I'm not a rabbi.
- Tommy: Don't say that! You are a rabbi. I'm a bank robber. I'm a card player and a whoremonger. That's what I am. You are a rabbi. You can fall in the mud, you can slip on your ass, you can travel in the wrong direction. But even on your ass, even in the mud, even if you go in the wrong direction for a little...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tommy: What do you call this in Jewish?
- Avram: A tuchas.
- Tommy: Well, you keep your eyes on this took-iss, and don't take them off 'till I tell you!”
“- Avram: When those men were shooting at you, I ran to save the Torah.
- Tommy: So? I understand that. You're a man of God. I understand that.
- Avram: I wasn't thinking about God. I didn't do it because of God. I don't know one thing about God. I was thinking about a book. I cared more for a book than I did for my best friend. I don't know if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“And you, who speak to Indians as if to little children. Your heart is big. Not as big as your mouth, but you have good feelings inside.”
“- Avram: We are doing this to keep warm, aren't we?
- Tommy: Uh-huh.
- Avram: In that case, you can put your arms around me.
- Tommy: Come here, darling.”
“- Chief Gray Cloud: What does he do?
- Avram: He... He can do anything!
- Chief Gray Cloud: Then why can't he make rain?
- Avram: Because he doesn't make rain. He gives us strength when we're suffering. He gives us compassion when all that we feel is hatred. He gives us courage when we're searching around blindly like little mice in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Chicken, chicken, chicken! Chickie-chickie-chickie-chicken! Come here, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to eat you.”