“It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World” quotes(1963)
Plot – Before dying in a car accident on the highway, a gangster reveals to his saviors that a large amount of money is hidden in Las Vegas and it's available to anyone who will find it first. The rescuers try everything to take possession of it, contending one another in a race with no rules. Gradually other characters take part in the challenge, among which there's a police inspector too, who wants to compensate his retirement fund.
All actors – Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Dick Shawn, Phil Silvers, Terry-Thomas, Jonathan Winters, Edie Adams, Dorothy Provineshow all
“It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World” Quotes 11 quotes
- Emmeline Marcus-Finch: Oh Russell, I feel sick.
- J. Russell Finch: Now take it easy honey, these things happen you know.
- Mrs. Marcus: Now what kind of an attitude is that, "these things happen"? They only happen because this whole country is just full of people, who when these things happen, they just say "these things happen," and that's... (continue)(continue reading)
“As far as I can see, American men have been totally emasculated. They're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis, while their women sit under hairdryers, eating chocolates and arranging for every second Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day!”
“- Ding Bell: Benji, I tell you, he said the man who's flying should be talking on this thing.
- Benjy Benjamin: What, am I supposed to do everything? You want me to fly the airplane, you want me to work the radio, what are you gonna... What are you, the hostess?”
“Exactly like your father: a big, stupid, muscle-headed moron!”
“- Tyler Fitzgerald: Anybody can fly plane, now here: I'll check you out. Put your little hands on the wheel there. Now put your feet on the rudder. There. Who says this ol' boy can't fly this ol' plane? Now I'm gonna make us some old fashioneds the old-fashioned way, the way dear old Dad used to!
- Benjy Benjamin: What if something happens?
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I’ll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres your whole national economy would collapse overnight!”
“If a girl is six-feet-five inches tall, she's bound to have special problems.”
“Even businessmen, who rob and cheat and steal from people everyday, even they have to pay taxes.”