Donald Sutherland quotes
“Your belief that you have no talent is the ultimate vanity. If you have no talent then you have no limits, it's all an act of will. Your heart can probably pump more blood than anyone else's on earth, and that takes talent. The bones in your feet are so strong, it'd take a sledgehammer to break 'em. Be thankful for your limits, Pre, they're...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Calvin "Cal" Jarrett: I just want to talk about something I always remembered.
- Beth Jarrett: Why do you want to remind me?
- Calvin "Cal" Jarrett: Because I've always wondered, in some needling way, what it mattered what I wore. I was crazy that day. We were going to our son's funeral and you were worried about what I wore on my feet. I'm... (continue)(continue reading)
“I keep telling these guys, it's got nothing to do with me. It depends entirely on the woman, and how willing she is to discover her infinite supply of orgasms.”
“Alfredo Berlinghieri, you, and all parasites, will pay the bill for the Fascist revolution. And the bill will not be cheap. The bill will not be cheap. Everybody will pay! Everybody, rich and poor, gentry and peasant, they will pay with money and land and bread and cows and cheese and blood and shit!”
“Never bite the hand that feeds you. As long you need to be fed.”
“I'm an engineer! I stopped running when Nixon was president!”
“I must concede, it was a masterful move on Coin's part. The idea that I was bombing our own helpless children to hold back the rebels... It turned the last of my guards against me. There was no resistance left inside the Capitol or the mansion. Do you know it aired live? There's a particular savvy in that, isn't there? I'm sure she wasn't...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is hell, and I'm going to give you the guided tour.”
“- Ethel Twitty: Will you help an old lady to her car?
- Lucien Wilbanks: You don't need any help, Ethel. But I'd be honored to escort you to your automobile.”
“People are suckers for the truth.”
“I'm not wasteful. I take life for specific reasons.”
“I'm a pro: I'm never late. I try to control flatulence.”
“- Jack Shaw: Don't think of it as cheating on your wife. Think of it as... fuckin' for your flag.
- Amos: When in doubt, close your eyes and think of England.”
“- Jack Bellicec: It's a big conspiracy.
- Matthew Bennell: What's a conspiracy?
- Jack Bellicec: Everything.”
“Wishing a Van Gogh was mine, I looked at my English hand-lasted shoes, and thought of Van Gogh's tragic shoes, and remembered me I was a painter losing a painting.”
“For the time being, let's not have you working out with the team. You'll be facing Viren all over again at the Montreal Olympics. I don't want you racing anyone now. I just want you running. You have to explore the limits of the one competitor above everyone else you've always loved to face... Steve Prefontaine.”
“- President Snow: Oh, make no mistake, she intends to take my place now. But... I've been watching you. And you watching me. I'm afraid we've both been played for fools.
- Katniss Everdeen: I don't believe you.
- President Snow: Oh, my dear Miss Everdeen. I thought we'd agreed never to lie to each other.”
“- McKenzie: Would you like a cup of tea?
- Ben: No, no thank you. No, I'm here on a matter of justice.
- McKenzie: Oh, justice. Well I'm afraid that's a trifle more complex to serve you up than a cup of tea.”