“The Vanishing” quotes(1993)
All actors – Jeff Bridges, Kiefer Sutherland, Nancy Travis, Sandra Bullock, Park Overall, Maggie Linderman, Lisa Eichhorn, George Hearn, Lynn Hamilton, Garrett Bennett, George Catalano, Frank Girardeaushow all
“The Vanishing” Quotes 11 quotes
“- Barney Cousins: What's this? Wuthering Heights? Denise, is it not sufficient that while you shall be at peace, I shall ride in the torments of hell?
- Denise Cousins: ... It's romantic.
- Barney Cousins: If they can put it in a book it's not romantic. Romance has to be secret.”
Jeff, look at your life. You have nothing. No job. No love. No peace of mind. You've been searching for three years, at what point do you finally say to yourself "I'm not going to wake up tomorrow and miraculously know what happened"?
“To me, to kill is not the worst thing you can imagine. There is more.”
“- Rita Baker: She's gone, Jeff. She's gone. You may never know how or why, you just have to learn to accept that.
- Jeff Harriman: If Diane were here right now, I'd ask you to marry me. But the truth is, if I could turn back the clock to that day at the gas station just once, I would. Just to find out.”
“- Barney Cousins: You don't care if she's alive or dead anymore.
- Jeff Harriman: Yes, I do.
- Barney Cousins: No, you don't. You're just scared that without the search you won't know who you are. Who is Jeff Harriman, if he's not the guy looking for Diane? Can you really walk away from finally knowing the answer?”
I know you think restoring this cabin is a crazyidea, but what if it's not? What if I'm learning about myself as I go, realizing that if I can do this, I can do anything? So I take a step, I think "Is this crazy? Should I stop?". Then I think "Not yet, there's always time to turn back if I want so", I take another step... and another... and... (continue)(continue reading)