Remorse quotes48 remorse quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Sometimes my life feels like a deadly balancing act, when I feel slamming up against what I should do, impulsive reactions racing to solutions miles ahead of my brain. When I look at my day, I realize that most of it was spend cleaning up the damage of the day before. In that life I don't have a future, all I have is distraction and remorse.”
“Never look behind, only ahead.”
“People think that Hell is fire and brimstone and the Devil poking you in the butt with a pitchfork, but it's not. Hell is when you should have walked away, but you didn't.”
“Six weeks ago, I spoke harshly to a patient and she committed suicide. Right in front of me. Perhaps she would have done this anyway. That's what my colleagues say. But I don't know.”
“I've become what I despise. I cheated my profession, cheated myself, I cheated basketball. There's two words I didn't think would ever come out of my mouth, I didn't think I'd ever be able to say... I quit.”
“I'll never know why Early Grayce became a killer. I don't know why any of them did. When I looked into his eyes I felt nothing, nothing. That day I learned that any one of us is capable of taking another human life. But I also learned there is a difference between us and them: it's feeling remorse. Dealing with guilt. Confronting a conscience....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Raoul Silva: No remorse. Just as I had imagined.
- M: Regret is unprofessional.”
“You're so afraid that someone's gonna get something that you never had. It's what makes you mean. And you know something, Dwight? One of these days, all of that meanness is gonna snap back and slap you right in the face.”
“You're giving too much of yourself away, mate.”
“- Mike Wallace: Do you wish you hadn't come forward? Do you wish you hadn't blown the whistle?
- Jeffrey Wigand: There are times when I wish I hadn't done it. There are times when I feel compelled to do it. If you asked me would I do it again, do I think it's worth it? Yeah, I think it's worth it.”
- Dr. Berger: It hurts to be mad at him, doesn't it?
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: God, I loved him. It's not fair. You just do one wrong thing, and...
- Dr. Berger: And what was the one wrong thing you did? You know. You know.
- Conrad "Con" Jarrett: I hung on. I stayed with the boat.
- Dr. Berger: Exactly.
“- John Hull: Gerry, I sold drugs, I've watched people die, and I didn't do nothing. I killed people. You lied to me.
- Carver: They lied to me, John. How naive can you get, man? What, what, are you so stupid you can't see that? You think I like this? Huh? John, I'm sorry. Huh? It's all shit, you know. It's all bullshit. You know that. I know that.”
“Of all the things I regret I did, the ones I didn't are the ones I mourn the most.”
“Men for the most part can mend their ways only after they have made a mistake.”
“There's no one who knows your life better than a brother that's near your age. He knows who you are and what you are better than anyone on earth. My brother and I said some unforgivable things the last time we met, but I'm trying to put that behind me... and this trip is a hard swallow of my pride. I just hope I'm not too late... a brother's a...” (continue)(continue reading)
You know what the last thing I said to him was? I said "You're as bad as the people that built this place". Which wasn't true. Billy was just...young.