- Nick: What did Manny Vasquez call you?
- Catherine: "Bitch" mostly, but he meant it affectionately.
“Basic Instinct” quotes(1992)
Plot – Johnny Boz is found dead in his bed, killed with an ice pick. Detective Nick Curran, who is an ex drug addicted and an alcoholic, follows the case. The first suspects fall on Catherine Tramell, a beautiful and charming writer who has been seen several times together with Boz. When the psychiatrist Beth Gardner, Nick's ex girlfriend, discovers that Boz's murder is identical to the one described in a novel by Tramell, the beautiful writer gets the detective's attention.
All actors – Michael Douglas, Sharon Stone, George Dzundza, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Denis Arndt, Leilani Sarelle, Bruce A. Young, Chelcie Ross, Dorothy Malone, Wayne Knight, Daniel von Bargen, Stephen Tobolowsky, Benjamin Mouton, Jack McGee, Bill Cable, Stephen Rowe, Mitch Pileggi, Mary Pat Gleason, Freda Foh Shen, William Duff-Griffin, James Rebhorn, David Wells, Bradford English, Mary Ann Rodgers, Adilah Barnes, Irene Olga López, Juanita Jennings, Craig C. Lewis, Michael David Lally, Peter Appel, Michael Halton, Keith McDaniel, Eric Poppick, Ron Cacas, Kayla Blake, Ken Liebenson, Lindy Rasmusson, Byron Berline, Eddie Dunbar, Tod McKibbin, Julie Bond, , Jeanne Basone, Doreen Foo Croft, Christa Connor, Marla Gibbs, Sherman Hemsley, Patricia Anne Isgate-Hayward, Dave LaBrucherie, Anne Lockhart, Andy Rolfes, Bob Sallese, Theodore Carl Soderberg, Damon Stoutshow all
“Basic Instinct” Quotes 24 quotes
“- Catherine: Have you ever fucked on cocaine, Nick? It's nice.
- Nick: You like playing games don't you?
- Catherine: I have a degree in psychology, it goes with the turf... Games are fun.”
“Killing isn't like smoking. You can quit.”
“- John Correli: Did you kill Mr Boz, Miss Tramell?
- Catherine: I'd have to be pretty stupid to write a book about killing and then kill him the way I described in my book. I'd be announcing myself as the killer. I'm not stupid.”
“- Nick: You didn't love him.
- Catherine: That's right.
- Nick: Even though you were fucking him.
- Catherine: You still get the pleasure. Didn't you ever fuck anybody else while you were married, Nick?”
“- Dr. McElwaine: Are you working on another book?
- Catherine: Yes, I am.
- Gus: It must really be something making stuff up all the time.
- Catherine: Yeah, it teaches you to lie.”
“- Nick: I don't owe you anything! And you don't owe me anything. We went to bed 10, maybe 15 times. That's miserable enough to carry an obligation.
- Beth Garner: Sometimes I really hate you.
- Nick: Oh, then why don't you get yourself some friendly little therapist and try to work out all that hostility? Then maybe you can get off once in a while.”
“I'm in love with you already, but I'll nail you anyway.”
“- Nick: Writing a book about it gives you an alibi for not killing him.
- Catherine: Yes it does, doesn't it?”
“Number 1, I don't remember how often I used to jerk off, but it was a lot. Number 2, I wasn't pissed off at my dad, even when I was old enough to know what he and mom were doing in the bedroom. Number 3, I don't look in the toilet before I flush it. Number 4, I haven't wet my bed for a long time. Number 5, why don't the two of you go fuck...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Catherine: Somebody has to die.
- Nick: Why?
- Catherine: Somebody always does.”
- Catherine: Ask me "What do you want from me, Catherine?".
- Nick: What the fuck do you want from me, Catherine?
“- Andrews: There are cum stains all over the sheets.
- Nick: Very impressive.
- Gus: He got off before he got offed.”
“- Beth Garner: You've never been like that before. Why?
- Nick: You tell me, you're the shrink.
- Beth Garner: You weren't making love to me!
- Nick: Well, who was I making love to?
- Beth Garner: You weren't making love at all.”
“- Gus: Everyone she plays with dies.
- Nick: I know what that's like.”
“- Nick: What's your new book about?
- Catherine: A detective. He falls for the wrong woman.
- Nick: What happens to him?
- Catherine: She kills him.”
“- Nick: I'm working my ass off, I'm off the sauce, I even stopped smoking.
- Beth Garner: How's not smoking?
- Nick: It sucks.”
“You know I don't like to wear any underwear, don't you, Nick?”
“- John Correli: Were you ever engaged in any sadomasochistic activity?
- Catherine: Exactly what did you have in mind, Mr. Correli?”
“I have friends, I have attorneys. Money buys alot of attorneys and friends.”
“- Dr. Myron: Do you believe Lieutenant Nilsen deserved to die?
- Nick: I didn't know him well enough. I won't miss him.”