“Alex & Emma” quotes(2003)
Plot – Alex Shapiro is a writer in crisis. Because of his gambling debts, he's locked up in prison. His only opportunuty is writing a novel in thirty days. To succeed in the difficult task, he gets help from Emma Dinsmore, a fascinating stenographer. His story slowly takes form and talks about a love triangle set in 1924 on a Maine island. The protagonists are a new graduate, a beautiful French widow and a ruthless creditor. As Emma denies all the time Alex's ideas, he has to come to terms with her.
All actors – Luke Wilson, Derek Barbosa, Lobo Sebastian, Rob Reiner, Kate Hudson, Paul Willson, David Paymer, Sophie Marceau, Alexander Wauthier, Leili Kramer, Rip Taylor, Gigi Berminghamshow all
“Alex & Emma” Quotes 10 quotes
“There are some things that are nothing more than what they are, they're not meant to last. They just take their place in your heart and make you a little smarter the next time.”
“- Emma Dinsmore: What's your book about?
- Alex Sheldon: It's the story of a man who's frightened of commitment yet so desperately in love with a woman he's afraid it might kill him. It's a comedy.”
“I can't figure out what's worse, having to know every single detail of your desperate love for some other woman, or having to know that you obviously didn't even come close to feeling the same way about me.”
“If they're not in agony, then it can't be love!”
“He left like a man on a mission, a man on a mission with hot wet balls.”
“- Emma Dinsmore: Does the fact that you called seventeen times last night with no response from me send any kind of signal to you?
- Alex Sheldon: I mean, I'm not an idiot. I figured you probably wanted to talk to me but that your machine was broken.”
“- Emma Dinsmore: That's great for a weekend but what do you think will happen in the long run?
- Alex Sheldon: What do you mean, like the next weekend?
- Emma Dinsmore: No. Like when it's time for the first laundry. I know, in great romantic novels there is not laundry or there's people like Ylva or Elsa to do it. Maybe that's why I like them....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Alex Sheldon: Maybe you're not picturing Paulina the way I'm picturing her.
- Emma Dinsmore: Gorgeous? Exciting? Incredibly sexy?
- Alex Sheldon: Maybe you are.”