Sophie Marceau quotes
“Acting is wonderful therapy for people. Instead of suffering for yourself, someone will do it for you.”
“I'm not a servant, I'm a prisoner! So will you be when you grow up. The day you come of age the gates will close around you because you are a woman! If you marry, everything you own will become the property of your husband. If you don't marry every profession will be closed to you but one, and that one is a life of loneliness and humiliation.”
“- Elektra King: What do you do to survive?
- James Bond: I take pleasure - and great beauty.”
“- Elisabeth Laurier: Shall we start our lessons?
- Louisa Godwin: I don't have to do what you say. You're just a servant.”
“Mel Gibson would not be a good James Bond.”
“Genre aside, I'd like to make a film about people.”
“I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of rain and sun.”
“- Charles Godwin: Louisa tells me you have a story about firelight.
- Elisabeth Laurier: Yes. I tell her Firelight is a magic time, when times stands still.
- Charles Godwin: Why'd you tell her that?
- Elisabeth Laurier: I find it helps. A time with no rules at the end of the day.”
“- Charles Godwin: You're very... I didn't expect it to be like this.
- Elisabeth Laurier: What did you expect?
- Charles Godwin: Last night. I thought - for a moment I thought that...
- Elisabeth Laurier: You thought that I liked it?
- Charles Godwin: Did you?
- Elisabeth Laurier: No. But I could.”
“- Charles Godwin: I will not have you treat my daughter like this.
- Elisabeth Laurier: Would you have her grow up ignorant and friendless?”
“- Lila Dubois: You know what they say about cello players- they like to do it in a chair with their legs spread wide.
- Dylan Ramsey: Ma'am, we have a dog in our presence!”
“You can do what you want, say what you want, be what you want, and when the lamps are lit again, time starts again, and everything you said or did is forgotten. More than forgotten, it never happened.”
“- Charles Godwin: If you harm so much as one hair on her head...
- Elisabeth Laurier: Do you think I, of all people, would ever hurt her? I'll make you a promise: whatever I do to Louisa I'll do to myself. You want her to love you. I want her to be loved.”
“There's no point living, if you can't feel alive.”
“- Princess Isabelle: I understand you have recently been given the rank of knight.
- William Wallace: I have been given nothing. God makes men what they are.”
“It's a kind of magic. Firelight makes time stand still. When you put out the lamps and sit in the firelight's glow there aren't any rules any more.”