Jack Nicholson quotes
“My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.”
“If it works, that's The Method.”
I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence", and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack Torrance: I'm not gonna hurt you.
- Wendy Torrance: Stay away from me!
- Jack Torrance: Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said, I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just going to bash your brains in! Gonna bash 'em right the fuck in!”
“I only take viagra when I am with more than one woman.”
“Three things to remember when you get older: never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.”
“The whole thing is to keep working and pretty soon they'll think you're good.”
“If a guy's close to you, you can't slight 'im. You can't slight that guy. A real grievance can be resolved; differences can be resolved. But an imaginary hurt, a slight - that motherfucker gonna hate you 'til the day he dies.”
“If there is any realistic deterrent to marriage, it's the fact that you can't afford divorce.”
“You dream that if you discuss the revolution with a man before you go to bed with him, it'll be missionary work rather than sex.”
“- Melvin Udall: You make me want to be a better man.
- Carol Connelly: ...That's maybe the best compliment of my life.
- Melvin Udall: Well, maybe I overshot a little, because I was aiming at just enough to keep you from walking out.”
“There she is, the evening star. She shines first, she shines brightest, and she shines longest.”
“- Jack Torrance: The most terrible nightmare I ever had. It's the most horrible dream I ever had.
- Wendy Torrance: It's okay, it's okay now. Really.
- Jack Torrance: I dreamed that I... that I killed you and Danny. But I didn't just kill ya. I cut you up in little pieces. Oh my God. I must be losing my mind.”
“Even in a time of intergalactic crisis, people still want to roll them bones.”
“Life's a negotiation, it's all give and take.”
“Marriage in Hollywood is like a nice hot bath. It's just not that hot any more. It cools off after a short while.”
“Money gets you laid.”
“The simplest thing is... I loved him. And I miss him. Carter and I saw the world together. Which is amazing... when you think that only three months ago, we were complete strangers! I hope that it doesn't sound selfish of me but... the last months of his life were the best months of mine. He saved my life... and he knew it before I did.”
“- Harry Sanborn: I have never lied to you. I have always told you some version of the truth.
- Erica Barry: The truth doesn't have versions, okay?”
“- Margaret Larsen: There can't be such devils out there.
- Jerry Black: There are such devils.”