Rob Reiner quotes
- Sam Baldwin: What is "tiramisu"?
- Jay: You'll find out.
- Sam Baldwin: Well, what is it?
- Jay: You'll see!
- Sam Baldwin: Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I'm not gonna know what it is!
“- Sheldon Flender: I have never had a play produced. That's right. And I've written one play a year for the past twenty years.
- David Shayne: Yes, but that's because you're a genius. And the proof is that both common people and intellectuals find your work completely incoherent. Means you're a genius.”
“If I give you one more face lift you're going to be able to blink your lips!”
“I like writing because you can make things happen and turn out the way they never do in real life.”
“I think Jews are the smartest people in the world.”
“If you are a creative person, you try to create things that are an extension of yourself.”
“Martin Scorsese is one of the great filmmakers of all time.”
“Chiunque sia rinchiuso in prigione per crimini violenti ha avuto un'infanzia da incubo.”
“People can be ignorant and still have loving, human qualities.”
“Let's say there was a burning building and you could rush in and you could save only one thing: either the last known copy of Shakespeare's plays or some anonymous human being. What would you do?”
“- Marty DiBergi: It's very pretty.
- Nigel Tufnel: Yeah, I've been fooling around with it for a few months.
- Marty DiBergi: It's a bit of a departure from what you normally play.
- Nigel Tufnel: It's part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I'm working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it,...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Marty DiBergi: It's such an interesting concept, mixing mime and food.
- Morty the Mime: It's a kick isn't it? Well, I used to be an actor but I could never remember my lines, so I thought "just shut up", you know? Don't say nothing. And my father used to say the same thing to me every dinner time, he used to say to me "shut up and eat", so... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sheldon Flender: I'm gonna give you some advice. The same advice that was given to me many years ago when I had a very similar dilemma.
- David Shayne: Similar to mine. To...
- Sheldon Flender: Yes. Yes.
- David Shayne: What did you do? What?
- Sheldon Flender: You gotta do what you gotta do.”
“Elise, if I give you any more collagen, your lips are gonna look like they got stuck in a pool drain.”
“- Jay: Well, this is fate! She's divorced, we don't want to redo the cabinets, and you need a wife. What do they call it when everything intersects?
- Sam Baldwin: The Bermuda Triangle.”
“- Marty DiBergi: Do you feel that playing rock 'n' roll music keeps you a child? That is, keeps you in a state of arrested development?
- Derek Smalls: No. No. No. I feel it's like, it's more like going, going to a, a national park or something. And there's, you know, they preserve the moose. And that's, that's my childhood up there on stage....” (continue)(continue reading)