Shirley MacLaine quotes
“The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they're too old to do it.”
“I think of life itself now as a wonderful play that I've written for myself... and so my purpose is to have the utmost fun playing my part.”
“Life is short, but marriage is long, so drink up, and it will make it go a hell of a lot faster.”
“I realized that if what we call human nature can be changed, then absolutely anything is possible. And from that moment, my life changed.”
“- Princess Aouda: Have there been any women in his life?
- Passepartout: I assume he had a mother, but I am not certain.”
“He looked exactly the same when he was alive, only he was vertical.”
“- Jennifer Rogers: I've never been to a home-made funeral before.
- Capt. Wiles: I have... it's my third. All in one day...”
“When I see the amount of money flung into that cauldron called Hollywood, I feel not one ounce of guilt about what I get.”
“- Doris Mann: Are you less mad at me now?
- Suzanne Vale: I am always less mad at you, mom.”
“- Drum Eatenton: Ouiser you look like hammered shit.
- Ouiser Boudreaux: Don't you talk to me like that!
- Drum Eatenton: Oh, I'm sorry you look like regular shit.”
“All it takes is heat and pressure to turn a rock into a diamond.”
“That jealousy - it's poison.”
“- Garrett Breedlove: Aurora...
- Aurora Greenway: Yes?
- Garrett Breedlove: You're not fun, by any chance, are you?
- Aurora Greenway: I don't really think we should think about that right now. Impatient boys sometimes miss dessert!”
“No matter how powerful or successful you become, true happiness may not follow. Think of Marilyn, sweet Marilyn Monroe. The whole world loved her so, but she was so very, very alone...”
“- Tess Carlisle: I have some exciting news for you. I have an inoperable brain tumor. I have bought you and your men a scud missile launcher. We are going to the opera in Columbus. Which of those do you think is true?
- Doug Chesnic: When?”
“- Lewis Feldman: My Charlotte taught me everything - cooking, dishes how to use a cell phone - even my old laundry.
- Ella Hirsch: You must miss her.
- Lewis Feldman: Everyday. You?
- Ella Hirsch: Well I didn't know your wife, so no I can't say I do.”
“You are not special enough to overcome a bad marriage.”
“Plant a good seed and you will joyfully gather fruit.”