“Doctor Dolittle” quotes(1967)
All actors – Rex Harrison, Samantha Eggar, Anthony Newley, Richard Attenborough, Peter Bull, Muriel Landers, William Dix, Geoffrey Holder, Portia Nelson, Norma Varden, , Frank Baker, Edward Cast, Judy Chapman, Judy the Chimpanzee, Phyllis Coghlan, Robert Cole, Gene Columbus, Cyril Cross, Peter Crowcroft, John Dolan, Jesslyn Fax, Arthur Gould-Porter, Gub-Gub, Eric Heath, Lars Hensen, Kendrick Huxham, Theron Jackson, Diana Lee, Queenie Leonard, Lewis Loughran, Angela Miller, Polynesia, Frank Radcliffe, Jack Raine, Danny Rees, Russell Robinson, Wally Ross, Angelo Rossitto, Rufus, Sophie, Ted Stanhope, Geoffrey Steele, Gilchrist Stuart, Olga Sutcliffe, Ginny Tyler, Paul Vernon, Bob Wintersshow all
“Doctor Dolittle” Quotes 12 quotes
“We'll play a little game I invented. One of us opens the atlas at random, sticks a pin in the open page, wherever it lands, that's where we go.”
“- Dr. Dolittle: It must be a near perfect civilization.
- Matthew: Oh, then, what are we doing in prison?
- Willie Shakespeare: Purely a precaution, old boy. A sort of quarantine. You see, most of the white men who have come here in the past, usually started killing people before they've been introduced. Extraordinary.”
“You should never believe anybody who goes around telling the truth. They're not to be trusted.”
“- Tommy Stubbins: What do you want us to do? Go to the North Pole?
- Dr. Dolittle: Unfortunately, there isn't time. It isn't pleasant up there.
- Tommy Stubbins: But, the North Pole hasn't been discovered yet?
- Dr. Dolittle: Not officially. And I never say anything about it; because, I promised the polar bears I wouldn't.”
“Autumn comes, Summer dies, I see the passing of the years in your eyes, and when we part, they'll be no tears, no good-byes, I'll just look into your eyes...”
“- Dr. Dolittle: I've come to the conclusion, with the possible exception of yourself, I have nothing in common with the human race.
- Matthew: You know, the trouble with you Doctor Dolittle, is you prefer animals to people.
- Dr. Dolittle: But, animals are so much more fun than people!”
“- Dr. Dolittle: Tell me, Stubbins... what would you do if you had two heads?
- Tommy Stubbins: I'd join a circus, sir!
- Dr. Dolittle: Exactly.”
“It's against my religion to do anything violent at the end of the day. God bless all Irishmen.”
“I do not understand the human race has so little love for creatures with a different face. Treating animals like people is no madness or disgrace. I do not understand the human race.”
“These fish languages, they really only work underwater. It's fascinating! The basic system is mouth movements and bubbles signals. At the moment, I can only make big bubbles and they keep on telling me I'm shouting.”