Rex Harrison quotes
“I do not understand the human race has so little love for creatures with a different face. Treating animals like people is no madness or disgrace. I do not understand the human race.”
“We'll play a little game I invented. One of us opens the atlas at random, sticks a pin in the open page, wherever it lands, that's where we go.”
“- Dr. Dolittle: It must be a near perfect civilization.
- Matthew: Oh, then, what are we doing in prison?
- Willie Shakespeare: Purely a precaution, old boy. A sort of quarantine. You see, most of the white men who have come here in the past, usually started killing people before they've been introduced. Extraordinary.”
“- Tommy Stubbins: What do you want us to do? Go to the North Pole?
- Dr. Dolittle: Unfortunately, there isn't time. It isn't pleasant up there.
- Tommy Stubbins: But, the North Pole hasn't been discovered yet?
- Dr. Dolittle: Not officially. And I never say anything about it; because, I promised the polar bears I wouldn't.”
“Autumn comes, Summer dies, I see the passing of the years in your eyes, and when we part, they'll be no tears, no good-byes, I'll just look into your eyes...”
“- Dr. Dolittle: I've come to the conclusion, with the possible exception of yourself, I have nothing in common with the human race.
- Matthew: You know, the trouble with you Doctor Dolittle, is you prefer animals to people.
- Dr. Dolittle: But, animals are so much more fun than people!”
“- Dr. Dolittle: Tell me, Stubbins... what would you do if you had two heads?
- Tommy Stubbins: I'd join a circus, sir!
- Dr. Dolittle: Exactly.”
“These fish languages, they really only work underwater. It's fascinating! The basic system is mouth movements and bubbles signals. At the moment, I can only make big bubbles and they keep on telling me I'm shouting.”
“It's appalling, but celebrities have no secret. My life in and 3,000 miles from Hollywood would have been considerably easier if I'd been homosexual inasmuch as my private relationships would then have remained private.”
“There even are places where English completely disappears; in America they haven't used it for years.”
“Why can't a woman be more like a man?”
“- Professor Henry Higgins: You mean to say you'd sell your daughter for fifty pounds?
- Colonel Hugh Pickering: Have you no morals, man?
- Alfred P. Doolittle: Nah. Nah, can't afford 'em, guv'nor. Neither could you, if you was as poor as me.”
“I can do without anyone. I have my own soul! My own spark of divine fire!”
“You're not bad-looking; you're really quite a pleasure to look at sometimes. Not now, of course, when you've been crying, you look like the very devil; but when you're all right, and quite yourself, you're what I would call... attractive.”