Anthony George Newley quotes
“Stop the world. I want to get off.”
“- Dr. Dolittle: It must be a near perfect civilization.
- Matthew: Oh, then, what are we doing in prison?
- Willie Shakespeare: Purely a precaution, old boy. A sort of quarantine. You see, most of the white men who have come here in the past, usually started killing people before they've been introduced. Extraordinary.”
“You should never believe anybody who goes around telling the truth. They're not to be trusted.”
“- Dr. Dolittle: I've come to the conclusion, with the possible exception of yourself, I have nothing in common with the human race.
- Matthew: You know, the trouble with you Doctor Dolittle, is you prefer animals to people.
- Dr. Dolittle: But, animals are so much more fun than people!”
“It's against my religion to do anything violent at the end of the day. God bless all Irishmen.”
“East Coast audiences are a bit brighter than Las Vegas audiences.”
“I went to Vegas for 22 years, married some absolutely charming women, and gave them all my money.”
“The saddest thing about myself is that I never read a book. I never got the habit.”
“- Captain Manzini: Did you get the blood of a toad and the eye of a newt?
- Dodger: Nope. The pet shop's out of unicorns, too.
- Captain Manzini: No wonder there's no magic in the world today. You can't get the ingredients.”
“You can't change the world by locking yourself away from it.”