“Fletch Lives” quotes(1989)
Plot – I.M. Fletcher is an unpredictable and resourceful reporter from Los Angeles. Upon inheriting an abandoned villa and plantation, Fletcher goes to Belle Island to take possession of his properties. Unfortunately, once there he witnesses the death of Amanda Ray Ross, the solicitor who had informed him of this legacy. Arrested by the sheriff and then released on bail thanks to Hamilton Johnson, a wealthy landowner, Fletcher begins to investigate on his own. He finds out that many people are interested in taking possession of his dilapidated property, which is above all incomprehensibly overflowing with radioactive substances. Dodging swindlers and shady dealers, sometimes resorting to disguises and escaping intrigues and dangers, the tenacious Fletcher is able to defend his inheritance and to cooperate with the police, who have long suspected that shady deals and illegal dumping were taking place on Belle Isle.
All actors – Chevy Chase, Hal Holbrook, Julianne Phillips, R. Lee Ermey, Richard Libertini, Randall 'Tex' Cobb, Cleavon Little, George Wyner, Patricia Kalember, Geoffrey Lewis, Richard Belzer, Phil Hartmanshow all
“Fletch Lives” Quotes 12 quotes
“- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: It's a championship Laker watch.
- Cindy Mae: Oh, are you a Laker?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: I used to date one - only thing I have to remember him by.”
“It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.”
“- Jimmy Lee Farnsworth: Irwin, admit that you are a sinner.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Uh. Well, I've sinned. I didn't take any polaroids or anything. But, yeah, I've sinned.
- Jimmy Lee Farnsworth: The Lord forgives ya!
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you. Amen. What? Other sins? Uh, I parked in a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Becky was a good girl and didn't need to be spanked... dammit.”
“- Jimmy Lee Farnsworth: You don't suppose I used too many photographs of myself do you?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: No, no. Worked for the ayatollah.”
“I borrowed your toothbrush. I would have used your razor but it looks like you've been doing some gardening with it.”
“- Calculus Entropy: Should I be doing anything?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: No, not really, um... as soon as you get that trunk upstairs and have finished your nap I guess you could fix that step and jump down, turn around and pick a bale of cotton. And while I'm gone see to it Miss Scarlet stays away from the union army will you?”
“- Man: Uh, sir, this is a secure area.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Well, I'm very happy for you, son. Most people live in terrible neighborhoods.”
“- Calculus Entropy: Our families go back for hundreds of years - your great-grandparents owned my great-grandparents and that's how it all started.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: You ever heard of the emancipation proclamation?
- Calculus Entropy: Well I heard something about it, but I don't recall exactly. It didn't get too much publicity around...” (continue)(continue reading)