R. Lee Ermey quotes
“My guy in D.C. tells me that we are not dealing with a studenthere, we're dealing with the Professor. Any time the military has an operation that can't fail, they call this guy in to train the troops, OK? He's the kind of guy that would drink a gallon of gasoline so he could piss in your campfire! You could drop this guy off at the Arctic...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Coach: Wait a minute, that's the kidnap victim, ain't it? You didn't kill her.
- Wayne: No, coach.
- Coach: I'm real disappointing in you boys.”
“- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is an unlocked footlocker! You know that don't you?
- Pvt. Leonard 'Gomer Pyle' Lawrence: Sir, yes, sir.
- Gny. Sgt. Hartman: If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?”
“I smell bullshit.”
“- Jimmy Lee Farnsworth: Irwin, admit that you are a sinner.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Uh. Well, I've sinned. I didn't take any polaroids or anything. But, yeah, I've sinned.
- Jimmy Lee Farnsworth: The Lord forgives ya!
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you. Thank you. Amen. What? Other sins? Uh, I parked in a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The biggest problem was the politicians knew nothing about fighting a war.”
“There's a lot of whiners in every crowd.”
“Without discipline, there is no Marine Corps.”
“- Jimmy Lee Farnsworth: You don't suppose I used too many photographs of myself do you?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: No, no. Worked for the ayatollah.”
“- Bill Hafner: I didn't know that you were a flag-waver, Jones.
- Jones: I care... I don't care for a lot of it, but what I care for, I care for a lot. You know what I mean? I been a dedicated soldier for twenty three years. Does that tell you something? Hmm?
- Bill Hafner: Yeah, I came in the Marine Corps when I was 17 years old. It's all I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“This is not even my desk! [hangs up]”
“He told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.”
“- Matthew Poncelet: Mr. Delacroix, I don't wanna leave this world with any hate in my heart. I ask your forgiveness for what I done. It was a terrible thing I done, taking your son away from you.
- Clyde Percy: How about us?
- Matthew Poncelet: Mr. and Mrs. Percy, I hope my death gives you some relief.”
“- Secretary of State John Hay: General, you were one of the finest cavalry officers in the Confederacy.
- Gen. Joseph 'Fighting Joe' Wheeler: Let me tell you something... Bedford Forrest had 32 horses shot out from under him, but he killed 33 Yankees. Forrest was better!”
“If the entire Secret Service couldn't protect the President of the United States, how the hell are we supposed to protect a few negroes! It is nothing more than some poor white trash drinking too much cheap alcohol. More likely paint thinner and snake juice because this state's as dry as a martini, and we've got the alcoholics to prove it.”
“- Coach: What is it that I always said?
- J.D., Wayne: If you can dream it, you can do it.”
“- Mayor Tilman: Fact is, we got two cultures down here: a white culture, and a colored culture. Now, that's the way it always has been, and that's the way it always will be.
- Anderson: Rest of America don't see it that way, Mr. Mayor.
- Sheriff Ray Stuckey: Rest of America don't mean jack shit. You are in Mississippi now.”