Plot – A journalist in the mood of brilliant reports called Fletch often walks around a Los Angeles’ beach, a common place for drug addicts’ meetings. He knows everyone and he has a lot of friends, but the thing he’s sniffing is not "marijuana", but rather a very dangerous track: he is convinced that the local police chief is tangled up in the shady traffic, though he hasn’t the necessary proofs yet. While he investigates, a wealthy industrialist - Stanwick - invites him to his house and asks Fletch to kill him, with handsome profits. He has cancer, a beautiful young wife, a life insurance and he prefers to finish his life with a bullet in the body than into a clinic. Fletch accepts the peculiar assignment and every detail is established. However, Fletch is suspicious and he begins to investigate.
All actors – Chevy Chase, Joe Don Baker, Dana Wheeler-Nicholson, Richard Libertini, Tim Matheson, M. Emmet Walsh, George Wendt, Kenneth Mars, Geena Davis, Bill Henderson, William Traylor, George Wynershow all
“Fletch” Quotes 20 quotes
“- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Why'd you let me in?
- Gail Stanwyk: Um, because I'm bored.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: If you're so bored, why didn't you go to Utah with Alan?
- Gail Stanwyk: Well, Utah's not exactly a cure for boredom.”
“Look, defenseless babies!”
“- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: I saw Alan this morning and you know what I can't figure out?
- Gail Stanwyk: Alan's in Utah.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: I... can't figure out what I was doing in Utah this morning.”
- Records Nurse: Can I get you something?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Yeah, do you have the Beatles' "White Album"? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there.
“- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: You fellas wanna read me my rights?
- Detective #1: You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to have your face kicked in by me. You have the right to have your balls stomped by him.
[Detective #2 blows Fletch a kiss]
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: I'll... waive my rights.”
“I didn't want to do this, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on you. I'm with the Mattress Police. There are no tags on these mattresses.”
“- Gail Stanwyk: I really should change.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: No! I think you should stay the same wonderful person you are today.
- Gail Stanwyk: I mean, put clothes on.”
“- Gail Stanwyk: I didn't know you knew the Underhills.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Yeah, well, I saved his life during the war.
- Gail Stanwyk: You were in the war?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: No, he was. I got him out.”
“- Alan Stanwyk: You'll be wearing rubber gloves. Do you own rubber gloves?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: I rent 'em. I have a lease with an option to buy.”
“- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Do you have any caviar?
- Waiter: Si señor, Beluga, but it is 80 dollars a portion.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Well, then I better just take two portions of that.”
“- Dr. Joseph Dolan: You know, it's a shame about Ed.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Oh, it was. Yeah, it was really a shame. To go so suddenly like that.
- Dr. Joseph Dolan: He was dying for years.
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: Sure, but... the end was very... very sudden.
- Dr. Joseph Dolan: He was in intensive care for eight weeks.
- Irwin 'Fletch'...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Joseph Dolan: Arnold Babar. Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: I don't know. I don't have any.
- Dr. Joseph Dolan: No children?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: No elephant books.”
“You using the whole fist, Doc?”