Plot – An unusual invitation gathers a group of people in a luxurious American-gothic castle. Nobody knows each other, but they have something in common: they are all being blackmailed by the landlord, Mr. Boddy, who suddenly appears with a bizarre gift for each one of his guests. Things get crazy when Mr. Boddy is murdered and other murders start to happen. Who’s the murderer? The movie offers three solutions.
All actors – Eileen Brennan, Tim Curry, Madeline Kahn, Christopher Lloyd, Michael McKean, Martin Mull, Lesley Ann Warren, Colleen Camp, Lee Ving, Bill Henderson, Jane Wiedlin, Jeffrey Kramer, Kellye Nakahara, Will Nye, Rick Goldman, Don Camp, , Howard Hessemanshow all
“Clue” Quotes 31 quotes
- Colonel Mustard: Wadsworth, am I right in thinking there's nobody else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Um... no.
- Colonel Mustard: Then there is someone else in this house?
- Wadsworth: Sorry, I said "no" meaning "yes".
- Colonel Mustard: "No" meaning "yes"? Look, I want a straight answer, is there someone else, or isn't there, yes, or no?
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Miss Scarlet: Do you miss him?
- Mrs. White: Well, it's a matter of life after death. Now that he's dead, I have a life.
- Wadsworth: But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared.
- Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.
- Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!
- Mrs. White: He wasn't a very good...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Being killed is pretty final, wouldn't you say?”
“Husbands should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable.”
“- Wadsworth: And monkey's brains, though popular in Cantonese cuisine, are not often to be found in Washington D.C.
- Mr. Green: Is that what we ate?”
“Well, someone's got to break the ice, and it might as well be me. I mean, I'm used to being a hostess, it's part of my husband's work. And it's always difficult when a group of new friends meet together for the first time, to get acquainted. So I'm perfectly prepared to start the ball rolling. I mean, I-I have absolutely no idea what we're doing...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Colonel Mustard: I prefer Kipling myself. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male". Do you like Kipling, Miss Scarlet?
- Miss Scarlet: Sure, I'll eat anything.
“- Wadsworth: I suggest we take the cook's body into the study.
- Colonel Mustard: Why?
- Wadsworth: I'm the butler, I like to keep the kitchen tidy.”
“- Colonel Mustard: Why are you screaming?
- Mr. Green: Because I'm frightened!
- Colonel Mustard: Of what?
- Mr. Green: Screaming!”
“- Miss Scarlet: Maybe there is life after death.
- Mrs. White: Life after death is as improbable as sex after marriage!”
“Communism was just a red herring.”
“This is war, Peacock. Casualties are inevitable. You can not make an omelet without breaking eggs, every cook will tell you that.”
“- Colonel Mustard: How many husbands have you had?
- Mrs. White: Mine or other women's?”
“- Wadsworth: A double negative!
- Colonel Mustard: A double negative? You mean you have photographs?
- Wadsworth: That sounds like a confession to me. In fact the double negative has led to proof positive.”
“- Colonel Mustard: How can you make jokes at a time like this?
- Miss Scarlet: It's my defense mechanism.
- Colonel Mustard: Some defense. If I was the killer, I would kill you next.”