Chevy Chase quotes
“- Lucky Day: Dusty, how do you like your bat?
- Dusty Bottoms: Medium rare.”
“- Clark Griswold: Real tomato ketchup, Eddie?
- Cousin Eddie: Oh, nothing but the best.”
“I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Wayne Newton: Very special lady.
- Clark Griswold: That's why I entered into the sacred bond of marriage with her.”
“- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: It's a championship Laker watch.
- Cindy Mae: Oh, are you a Laker?
- Irwin 'Fletch' Fletcher: I used to date one - only thing I have to remember him by.”
“I was a fugitive, afraid of getting caught. I kept imagining Jenkins leaping out at me from every dark corner. As a child, I would dream about being invisible. I thought it would be so easy. I could do what I want, go where I want and take what I want. But that's the catch. No matter how hungry I was, I couldn't give myself away.”
“- Clark Griswold: That's a very special guitar. It was given to me by Bob Dylan.
- James Griswold: The Bob Dylan?
- Clark Griswold: No, a Bob Dylan but it was given to him by Jimi Hendrix.
- James Griswold: The Jimi Hendrix?
- Clark Griswold: No.”
“- David Jenkins: Suppose we'd had you, an invisible agent in 1939. Maybe there wouldn't have been a second World War.
- Nick Halloway: What are you saying? You mean I would've killed Hitler for you?
- David Jenkins: I mean maybe you could've saved thirty million lives. Changed history. Now, assassination, anything at all, is entirely ethical if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man.”
“Nice place for a pearl necklace.”
“- Clark Griswold: Have you even driven cross-country?
- Roy Walley: Oh, hell yes. Drove the whole family to Florida. Worst two weeks I ever spent in my life.”
“- Ty Webb: I don't play golf, for money, against people.
- Al Czervik: What are you, religious or something?
- Ty Webb: You might say that.”
“Fun is actually knowing who half your guests are.”
“- Mitch Weaver: Dr. Farthing, what happened to your arm?
- Dr. Farthing: Well, it was either from sleeping on it the wrong way or bookmakers throwing me out of a speeding car.”
“- Max Fielder: I think I caused Darcy's coffee cup to slide across the table and crash. And then everything around was shaking and quaking...
- Brian Stills: You trashed the place 'cause you're mad at this Daisy chick, right?
- Max Fielder: No, no, Brian, I did it but I didn't touch anything.
- Brian Stills: Look, we all think we got some...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack Hartounian: You think it's safe to hit a ball in a place like this?
- Ty Webb: Of course, it's a ballroom.”
“We pass a damn gas station every hundred yards for a thousand miles, but when you really need one, you end up walking your ass off. This is no way to run a desert!”