“Without a Clue” quotes(1988)
Plot – Dr. Watson wants to give the press a sensational revelation: he himself was the one who solved the darkest cases and not Sherlock Holmes. He, in fact, is Reginald Kincaid, a mediocre actor, a drunkard and a womanizer who has made a solid reputation thanks to Watson's intuitions. Now comes a new case: someone is trying to spread in England some counterfeit pounds, printed in London, but it seems that the molds have been thrown into a lake. Moriarty plots in the shadows and the two investigators find him in the Orpheus Theatre and then in its basements. The molds are delivered to the inspector and Moriarty is killed. Holmes is now only Watson's shoulder, but in front of the people who applauds him, Holmes himself is rewarded for the investigation, that for him was "elementary" as always.
All actors – Michael Caine, Ben Kingsley, Jeffrey Jones, Lysette Anthony, Paul Freeman, Nigel Davenport, Pat Keen, Peter Cook, Tim Killick, Matthew Savage, John Warner, Matthew Simshow all
“Without a Clue” Quotes 29 quotes
“He sees, but does not observe. Whereas I see and observe and thus bring many notorious blaggards to justice.”
“- Dr. Watson: Being men of no moral fiber whatsoever, they can't resist helping themselves to a new pair of shoes.
- Sherlock Holmes: Do you think they have these in brown?”
“- Sherlock Holmes: What are you doing?
- Dr. Watson: Thinking.
- Sherlock Holmes: Right. I'm going to think too. What shall we think about, Watson?”
“- Sherlock Holmes: As a matter of fact, Lestrade, You can be some help.
- Inspector Lestrade: Of course!
- Sherlock Holmes: Hold my coat, it's hot in here.”
“- Dr. Watson: Last night, Holmes realized how stupid he had been.
- Sherlock Holmes: Now, I didn't say stupid...
- Dr. Watson: Yes, you did.”
“Watson, I was once a figment of your imagination. But now, Sherlock Holmes belongs to the whole world.”
“- Mayor Johnson: Well, Mr. Holmes. Any theories?
- Sherlock Holmes: Obviously, the victim had been caught in a storm too far from shore to swim for it.
- Mayor Johnson: Yes, and with that heavy suitcase attached to his wrist, and the lake being so deep.
- Sherlock Holmes: Quite. Pulled the poor wretch to the bottom, struggling futilely, flailing...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I've got it! His real name is Arty-Morti!”
“- Dr. Watson: I'll ask you once more: Are you coming with me?
- Sherlock Holmes: I would rather waltz naked through the fires of Hell.”
“- Dr. Watson: Holmes believes your father has been abducted.
- Leslie Giles: Abducted? By who?
- Sherlock Holmes: Abductors.”
“- Sherlock Holmes: I see, and observe.
- Reporter #2: Isn't that rather redundant?”
“- Local #1: A toast to the greatest detective in all the world.
- Sherlock Holmes: Thank you, gentlemen. I am touched.
- Dr. Watson: I can vouch for that!”
“- Leslie Giles: So, you play the violin?
- Sherlock Holmes: Only if worst comes to worst.”
“- Dr. Watson: Lord Mayor! Don't move until Holmes has searched the area for clues!
- Sherlock Holmes: My God I've trained you well, Watson!”
“I couldn't detect horse manure if I stepped in it!”
“It is my opinion... that he is dead.”
“- Dr. Watson: Moriarty knows... I'm am the only match for his evil genius.
- Sherlock Holmes: You mean he's not trying to kill me?
- Dr. Watson: Of course not. He knows you're an idiot.
- Sherlock Holmes: Oh, thank God.”
“I seem to spend an increasing amount of my precious time correcting your blunders, both private and public.”
“Half a tick, Mr. Holmes. You can't go walking into someone's residence, poking about their personal possessions, disrupting their privacy... that's for Scotland Yard.”
“I've killed as many as six men in a week. Eight if you count matinees.”