“House on Haunted Hill” quotes(1999)
Plot – Trying to invent something new to keep the boredom away, the billionaire Steven Price organizes a birthday party in an abandoned building that a lot of years ago was a psychiatric prison. In 1931 Dr. Vannacut used to conduct terrible and horrific experiments on patients there in fact. When guests begin to arrive, Price notices that he doesn't know them and that their names are not on the list. None of them knows how he got intivited, however Price keeps celebrating and announces that anyone who overcomes the whole night in the building will receive a generous reward. Price himself has fixed the whole house up with insidious devices and horrible objects in order to scare the guests and force them to leave. His plan goes wrong soon as the mechanisms at the doors and the windows suddenly lock by themselves and every guest remains blocked inside the building searching a way out.
All actors – Geoffrey Rush, Famke Janssen, Taye Diggs, Peter Gallagher, Chris Kattan, Ali Larter, Bridgette Wilson-Sampras, Max Perlich, Jeffrey Combs, Dick Beebe, Slavitza Jovan, Lisa Loeb, James Marsters, Jeannette Lewis, Janet Tracy Keijser, Peter Graves, Marc Blucas, Ivana Milicevic, Geneieve Leilyn, Sheila Lussier, Debi Mazar, Frank Murgia, Gregory Nicoteroshow all
“House on Haunted Hill” Quotes 11 quotes
“Let's go down and greet your guests. Show them the real you: corny as Kansas on the fourth of July.”
“Congratulations. On a scale of one to ten on the perversity meter, you just hit a seventy-three.”
“From the first moment I laid eyes on you I have always, always loved... your money. On the other hand, just the sight of you has made me want to puke.”
“What good is a million dollars when you're dead?”
“- Eddie: I've never in my life met an executive who could tie their shoes, much less rewire an entire building.
- Sara: There's always exceptions.
- Eddie: No. Come on, what's the truth?
- Sara: The truth is if we keep taking rights, we're going to have to end up where we started.”
“- Evelyn: Who invited them?
- Stephen Price: I don't know, it wasn't me and you say it wasn't you. Who then, Evelyn? Ghosts?”
“- Evelyn: Stephen, if you really love me, you'll find a way to drop dead in the next second.
- Stephen Price: Oh, but baby, finding ways for me to die is really your thing. Let's not forget the O.J. knife with the not-so-retractable blade, the Jim Jones Kool-Aid, which was exactly that...
- Evelyn: Accidents, all accidents until proven otherwise.”
“- Channel 3 Reporter: So, Mr. Price, business or pleasure?
- Stephen Price: Neither. My wife.”
“The house doesn't care what's fair, who lives or dies. Know why? 'Cause it's a fucking house!”