Geoffrey Rush quotes
“- Lionel Logue: Please, call me Lionel.
- King George VI: No, I... prefer Doctor.
- Lionel Logue: I prefer Lionel. What'll I call you?
- King George VI: Your Royal Highness. And... Sir... after that.
- Lionel Logue: How about Bertie?
- King George VI: Only my family uses that.
- Lionel Logue: Perfect. Here, it's better if we're equals.
- King...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Philip Henslowe: Mr. Fennyman, allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.
- Hugh Fennyman: So what do we do?
- Philip Henslowe: Nothing. Strangely enough, it all turns out well.
- Hugh Fennyman: How?
- Philip Henslowe: I don't know. It's a mystery.”
“Kiss the book, sign the oath, and you're king. Easy.”
“- Shansa: Ask yourself this, Captain: Is this treasure worth dying for?
- Captain Hector Barbossa: I'm a pirate. Always will be! So how do I save what be mine?”
“- Shansa: The price of crossing my door is blood, Captain.
- Captain Hector Barbossa: That explains why you're not so busy.
- Shansa: Everyone pays, eventually.”
“I do not approve of Set's rule. But I doubt yours would be much better.”
“- Lionel Logue: Oh, surely a prince's brain knows what its mouth's doing?
- King George VI: You're not well acquainted with royal princes, are you?”
“- David Helfgott - Adult: Would you marry me?
- Gillian: Well, it wouldn't be very practical, David.
- David Helfgott - Adult: Practical? No, of course not. Of course not. But then neither am I, Gillian. Neither am I. I'm not very practical at all.
- Sylvia: You'll miss the plane!
- Gillian: It's sweet of you, David. I don't know what to say.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- King George VI: I'm not going to sit here warbling.
- Lionel Logue: You can with me.
- King George VI: Because you're peculiar.
- Lionel Logue: I take that as a compliment.”
“Modern science tells us that people are, by nature, law breakers or law abiders. A wolf could wear sheep's clothing but he's still a wolf.”
“- Lionel Logue: You still stammered on the 'W'.
- King George VI: Well, I had to throw in a few so they knew it was me.”
“Normally when a bird lands on my beat I kill it, before it can shit.”
“- Ra: Egypt has always been a paradise. But now, there is chaos. God of the air, you must protect the mortals.
- Horus: I don't know if I'm strong enough.
- Ra: Then becone stronger.”
“Every night the battle between chaos and creation must go on, otherwise the world will be destroyed.”
- Lionel Logue: Well, we need to have your hubby pop by. Tuesday would be good. He can give me his personal details, I'll make a frank appraisal, and then we'll take it from there.
- Queen Elizabeth: Doctor, forgive me,I don't have a "hubby," we don't "pop," and nor do we ever talk about our private lives. No, you must come to us.
- Lionel Logue... (continue)(continue reading)
“Reform is a discredited fantasy.”
“- Coulmier: It's nothing but an encyclopedia of perversions. One man killed his wife after reading them.
- The Marquis de Sade: It's a fiction, not a moral treatise.”
“Let's go down and greet your guests. Show them the real you: corny as Kansas on the fourth of July.”
“Congratulations. On a scale of one to ten on the perversity meter, you just hit a seventy-three.”
“What you need, darling, is a long, slow screw.”