“What Lies Beneath” quotes(2000)
Plot – Dr. Norman Spencer and Claire are happily married and live in an isolated villa on the lake. While he works on genetic experiments, she stays at home, but she feels strange presences around. At first they think their neighbor has killed his wife and Claire spies him, finding her track was wrong. However she's sure that in her house there's someone or something as the doors don't lock properly, paintings fall from walls and there's a strange smoke coming out from the bathtub.
All actors – Michelle Pfeiffer, Katharine Towne, Miranda Otto, James Remar, Harrison Ford, Victoria Bidewell, Diana Scarwid, Dennison Samaroo, Jennifer Tung, Eliott Goretsky, Rachel Singer, Daniel Zelmanshow all
“What Lies Beneath” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Claire Spencer: What are you afraid of?
- Mary Feur: That one day I'll just, just disappear.”
“You stole the dead woman's shoe?”
“- Claire Spencer: She's dead.
- Norman Spencer: Who's dead?
- Claire Spencer: You know damn well who's dead.”
“- Norman Spencer: Claire stop! You're overreacting.
- Claire Spencer: Don't tell me how to react.
- Norman Spencer: Will you keep your voice down!
- Claire Spencer: I will not!”
“- Norman Spencer: Hi, honey. What's going on? What are you doing here? Are you okay?
- Claire Spencer: I... I... I heard noises. I didn't want to disturb you.
- Norman Spencer: What kind of noises? Where?
- Claire Spencer: At the house. I was scared.”
“The first time I met you, all I wanted was to spend the rest of my life with you. Not gonna happen now.”
“I stopped at this little café to get a coffee, and I see Norman sitting in the back. But he wasn't alone. He was with a young blonde woman. I didn't see her face. And I didn't think anything of it at first. And I was walking over to say hello. And they started arguing in such a way that it stopped me.”
“There's a ghost in my house. I saw her in the water, beside me, in the bathtub.”
“It's a beautiful thing, alimony. You lose a husband, you get a car. Think it'll help me pick up dudes?”
“Norman, this isn't about you! Something is happening to me. And it's... it's not to get even, and it's not some warped bid for attention. Something is happening in our house, whether you like it or not!”
“- Claire Spencer: I want you to answer one question. Did you have anything to do with her disappearance?
- Norman Spencer: Yes. I had an affair with her. And when I tried to break it off... she became unstable. She came out here to the house. She threatened to kill herself... or you. I didn't think she'd go through with any of it. But then...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We can put this behind us. Our life can go on. It is not too late.”
- Norman Spencer: I'm going to have the police check on the house while I'm gone.
- Claire Spencer: Oh great! "Could you check in on my wife? She's hearing voices!". Yeah, wait until that gets around.
“You had an affair with a girl who threatened to kill herself, and now there is a presence in our house. A young, blonde girl. Don't you get it? She did it, Norman. She's dead... and now she's trying to hurt you... or both of us.”