“From Hell” quotes(2001)
Plot – London, 1888. Jack the Ripper wanders in Whitechapel district at night killing the prostitutes. The entire Metropolitan Police and Inspector Frederick George Abberline are chasing him. Abberline is the only one who notices the crimes are meticulous and careful. Observing the crime scenes in fact, the Inspector realizes the murderer has incredible nerves. The intuitive and visionary policeman tries to reconstruct Jack's profile, thanks also to the help of Mary Kelly, a prostitute.
All actors – Johnny Depp, Heather Graham, Ian Holm, Robbie Coltrane, Ian Richardson, Jason Flemyng, Katrin Cartlidge, Terence Harvey, Susan Lynch, Paul Rhys, Lesley Sharp, Estelle Skornik, Nicholas McGaughey, Annabelle Apsion, Joanna Page, Mark Dexter, Danny Midwinter, Samantha Spiro, David Schofield, Bryon Fear, Peter Eyre, Cliff Parisi, Sophia Myles, Ralph Ineson, Amy Huck, Rupert Farley, Donald Douglas, John Owens, Liz Moscrop, Ian McNeice, Steve John Shepherd, Al Ashton, Poppy Rogers, Bruce Byron, Melanie Hill, Andy Linden, David Fisher, Gary Powell, Steve Chaplin, Vincent Franklin, Louise Atkins, Anthony Parker, James Greene, Dominic Cooper, Carey Thring, Vladimír Kulhavý, Graham Kent, Rupert Holliday-Evans, Simon Harrison, Paul Moody, Glen Berry, Charles Parish, Gerry Grennell, , Roger Frost, Petr Kantor, Lichelli Lazar-Lea, Stephen Milton, Tony Tangshow all
“From Hell” Quotes 13 quotes
“You could be dead... right now. But then there would be too many bloody questions.”
“He has that kind of cleverness you'll sometimes find in the middle classes. A cheap sort of intelligence, but effective nevertheless.”
“- Netley, the Coachman: I'm just a simple chap, sir. I'm not a great man like you. I just don't know where I am anymore.
- Jack the Ripper: There, there Netley. I shall tell you where we are. We're in the darkest region of the human brain, a radiant abyss where men go to find themselves.
- Netley, the Coachman: I don't understand, sir.
- Jack...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sir William Gull: One day men will look back and say that I gave birth to the twentieth century.
- Inspector Frederick Abberline: You're not going to see the twentieth century.”
“This ain't killin' for profit. This is ritual.”
“- Masonic Governor: You stand before your peers, masons and doctors both.
- Sir William Gull: I have no peers present here.
- Masonic Governor: What?
- Sir William Gull: No man amongst you is fit to judge... the mighty art that I have wrought. Your rituals are empty oaths you neither understand nor live by. The Great Architect speaks to me. He...” (continue)(continue reading)
"From Hell". Well at least they got the address right.
“There's your typical Londoner, imbued with Christian sympathy for his fellow man, or fellow whore in this case.”
“You do not fuck with the special branch, the special branch fucks with you.”