“Swastikas were drawn backward, indicating either haste or a lack of familiarity with this most infamous of anti-semetic emblems, or perhaps rather more implausibly... that Hindus were involved.”
“Leaves of Grass” quotes(2009)
Plot – Bill Kincaid learns his twin brother Brady is died. He has to leave his job as philosophy professor at Brown University to return to his home country, the rural Oklahoma. When he arrives, Bill learns his brother's death has been quite exaggerated. Soon he finds himself involved in one of Brady's plots.
All actors – Edward Norton, Lucy DeVito, Kent Jude Bernard, Amelia Campbell, Tim Blake Nelson, Randal Reeder, Leo Fabian, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Tina Parker, Susan Sarandon, Ty Burrell, Lee Wilkof, Melanie Lynskey, Josh Pais, Lisa Benavides-Nelson, Jenna Podell, Henry Max Nelson, Theodore Kaiser Nelson, Alyssia Dujmovich, Ken Cheeseman, Steve Earle, Keri Russell, Naima Lett, Maggie Siff, Richard Dreyfuss, Tim Ware, Tim Fletcher, Robin McGee, Chris Freihofer, , Michael C. 'Mike' Allen, Michael August, Daulton Brewer, M Charlotte Cheatham, Jon Dainty, Ella Davidson, Tammy Eaton, Ted Ferguson, John Foster, Juanita Harrison, Jim Henry, Deborah R. Jones, Lori Knighton, Jimmy Lee Jr., Krystal Mayo, Cindy McBride, Lee Ann McDade, James B. McDaniel, Eric Kelly McFarland, Amy McGee, Mysti Nash, James Paul, Jeannie Perrin, Halley Rachal, Matthew Ramsaur, Clayton S. Taylor, Sarah J. Thompson, Jonathan Tripp, Chuck Vail, Thomas Wallace, Steven E. Williams, Scott Yarnellshow all
“Leaves of Grass” Quotes 7 quotes
“- Bolger: Do you believe in a higher power?
- Brady Kincaid: Yea, I do. I do. It's the only way to make sense of all this. Otherwise, it's just pure fucking chaos.
- Bolger: Like where we is created by him and he judges what we do?
- Brady Kincaid: Well, I think it's more like... like parallel lines.
- Bolger: Parallel lines?
- Brady Kincaid:...” (continue) (continue reading)
“- Bill Kincaid: Some have dared to suggest that even poetry has rules.
- Janet: Or you make your own.
- Bill Kincaid: Right there, that's the part I never bought into.
- Janet: Because?
- Bill Kincaid: If everybody runs around making their own rules, how can you ever find what's true? There's nothing... there's nothing to rely on.”
“- Brady Kincaid: [talking about Janet] She's a poet.
- Bill Kincaid: What?
- Brady Kincaid: Seriously. She writes fuckin' poetry. And she's the Ladies Noodling Champion of '05.
- Bill Kincaid: Her?
- Brady Kincaid: 125 pounds of catfish in under 10 hours with nothing but her bare hands. I tried to get her and Colleen in a three-way once, but...” (continue) (continue reading)
“You can't synthesize that. That is nature's delivery system for goodness. Distilled into a pure form. It glides down into your belly, and blooms into a feeling of peace. In this world beset by evil.”
“We are animals, Professor Kincaid... with brains that trick us into thinking we aren't.”