Plot – Mike McDermott is a professional poker player who takes advantage of gambling to attempt to start a new life. Mike studies Law at University and he spends his free time with his girlfriend and fellow student Jo. According to Mike, the legal way to get to success is becoming a lawyer, but he is too attracted by the game. When an old friend of his comes out of jail, Mike has to choose whether he wants to play for him or give it up.
All actors – Matt Damon, Edward Norton, Paul Cicero, John Turturro, Ray Iannicelli, Gretchen Mol, Famke Janssen, Merwin Goldsmith, John Malkovich, Martin Landau, Sonny Zito, Michael Rispoli, Melina Kanakaredes, Mal Z. Lawrence, Josh Mostel, Lenny Clarke, Peter Yoshida, Tom Aldredge, Jay Boryea, Lenny Venito, Richard Mawe, Michael Lombard, Beeson Carroll, E. Matthew Yavne, Eric LaRay Harvey, Dominic Marcus, Brian Anthony Wilson, George Kmeck, Joseph Parisi, Kohl Sudduth, Charlie Matthes, Hank Jacobs, Chris Messina, Michael Ryan Segal, Kerry O'Malley, Slava Schoot, Goran Visnjic, Michele Zanes, Allan Havey, Joe Vega, Neal Hemphill, Vernon E. Jordan Jr., Johnny Chan, Lisa Gorlitsky, John Di Benedetto, Nicole Brier, Bill Camp, Tony Hoty, Mario Mendoza, Joe Zaloom, Sal Richards, Josh Pais, John Gallagher, Adam LeFevre, P.J. Brown, David Zayas, Michael Arkin, Murphy Guyer, Alan Davidson, Joey Vega, Akiko Ashley, Dar Billingham, Marcelline Block, Tim Carr, Salvatore Cavaliere, Hans Cozzens, Jeff DeRocker, Brian Donahue, Bill Golodner, Michael Griffith, Jason Hale, Roberto Lopez, George F. Miller, Robert Sean Miller, Natasha Pavlovich, Maria Soccor, Vinny Vellashow all
“Rounders” Quotes 16 quotes
“Get your money in when you have the best of it. Protect it when you don't.”
“That's the safe play. I told Worm you can't lose what you don't put in the middle. But you can't win much either.”
“- Worm: What did I ever do to that guy?
- Mike McDermott: You fucked his mother.
- Worm: [amused] Yeah but she was a good looking older woman you gotta give me that.”
“We can't run from who we are, our destiny chooses us.”
“- Moogie: Hey, lemme ask you a question. In the legalsense, can fuckin' Steinbrenner move the Yankees? Does he have the fuckin' right to just move them?
- Mike McDermott: How should I know that?
- Moogie: You didn't learn that yet?
- Mike McDermott: No, we get to Steinbrenner in third year law school.
- Moogie: Oh...”
“- Mike McDermott: I watch the cards but I also watch the player react to the cards. That's how I knew the DA made his two pair and judge Kaplan missed the flush, I was watching their eyes when they checked their river cards, their faces tell you everything.
- Abe Petrovsky: [confused] You watch the man? I never knew you had to calculate so much...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Worm: You know what always cheers me up, when I'm feeling shitty?
- Mike McDermott: No, what's that?
- Worm: Rolled up aces over kings. Check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, "where the sand turns to gold". Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over.
In "Confessions of a Winning Poker Player", Jack King said, "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career". It seems true to me, cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can't stop thinking of how... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Worm: She's really got him by the balls.
- Petra: That's not so bad, is it?
- Worm: It depends on the grip!”
“- Worm: I guess the sayings' true. In the poker game of life, women are the rake man. They are the fuckin' rake.
- Mike McDermott: What the fuck are you talkin' about. What saying?
- Worm: I don't know. There ought to be one though.”
“- Mike McDermott: What happened?
- Worm: Nothing, she closed her legs too fast!”