John Heard quotes
“- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: It was an immenseproject. I was to extract 1 decagram of myelin from 4 tons of earth worms.
- Dr. Sullivan: Really!
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: Yes. I was on the project for 5 years. I was the only one who believed in it. Everyone else said it couldn't be done.
- Dr. Kaufman: It can't.
- Dr. Malcolm Sayer: I know that now. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charles: How can jumping on a trampoline straighten out bow-legs?
- Laura: I was misinformed!”
“- Skye Davidson: I wonder how long it's gonna take them to find our bodies.
- Prof. Lance Davidson: Probably never. You know, that's assuming they'd even look. You know how many bodies are buried out here they've never found? San Bernardino Sheriff's Office told me that if all the dead bodies in the dessert stood up at the same time, this place...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Peter McCallister: Hi.
- Harry: Hi. Are you Mr. McCallister?
- Peter McCallister: Yeah.
- Harry: The Mr. McCallister who lives here?
- Peter McCallister: Yes.
- Pizza Boy: Oh, good, because somebody owes me $122.50.”
“The day my grandfather killed himself, he went hunting and shot two grouse. After the funeral, my grandmother cleaned and cooked the grouse.”
“- Brother Timothy: Most people can't figure it out. My brother was the one who was supposed to have the vocation. Me, they had me written off as the bum. But here I am, wearing a robe, bouncing a ball off the steps of the rectory.
- Michael Dunn: Was your brother a bum?
- Brother Timothy: Sort of. Sells life insurance down in Maryland.”
“- Josh: I'm much better at video hockey.
- Paul: That's not a sport.
- Josh: It requires hand and eye coordination.
- Paul: It's not a sport if you don't sweat.”
“- Brother Thadeus: We all come to the order, full of ideas... and we often find that we have much to learn ourselves. Nevertheless, authority must never be undermined by the display of dissent among the faculty. For the students' sake, you understand.
- Brother Timothy: No, I don't understand.
- Brother Thadeus: Then you should try to restrain...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Rip Torn could get angrier faster than any other American actor.”
“Television is fast and loose. ”
“If Martin Scorsese thinks you stink, you stink.”
“- Jack Edwards: It's the art of bringing people to agree on a certain course of action. If that course of action succeeds, the people are satisfied. If not, they're not. It's as simple as that. If it works, it's good. Period.
- Thomas Harriman: Isn't that exactly what you said 'why politics doesn't work anymore'? That politics, you said, needed...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Charles: I thought you said you were on the trampoline team in high school.
- Laura: I was on the trampoline team in high school.
- Charles: That must have been before it became a competitive sport.
- Laura: I never said I was any good you know.”
“- Charles: Do you want me to get the food, mother?
- Clara: What food?
- Charles: The turkey!
- Clara: There isn't any turkey.
- Charles: Whatever it is that you prepared, would you like me to go into the kitchen and get it?
- Clara: I didn't prepare anything. There isn't any dinner.”
“- Laura: I haven't felt terrific in a long time.
- Charles: If I make you feel terrific, will you marry me?”
“- Tom the Bartender: How about a drink? You look like you could use one.
- Paul Hackett: You don't happen to have any powerful aphrodisiacs back there, do you?”
“We are the Coast Guard's elite. We are the best of the best. When storms shut down entire ports, we go out. When hurricanes ground the United States Navy, we go out. And when the Holy Lord himself reaches down from heaven and destroys His good work with winds that rip houses off the ground, we go out.”
“- Charles: Could you imagine living with a man named Ox?
- Susan: Yes, if she's happy.
- Charles: She's not happy.
- Susan: Are you happy?
- Charles: What's happy?”
I watched the war on TV like everybody else. Thought the same damn things. You know what you thought when you saw a picture of a young woman with a baby lying face down in a dictch, two gooks. You had three reactions, Rich, same as everybody else. The first one was real easy: "I hate the United States of America". Yeah. You see the same damn... (continue)(continue reading)
“If by some miracle you actually have what it takes to become one of us, then you get to live a life of meager pay with the distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone somewhere in the vast sea. However, you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that.”
“- Kate McCallister: Did you close the garage?
- Peter McCallister: That's it. I forgot to close the garage, that's it.
- Peter McCallister: No, that's not it.
- Kate McCallister: Well, what else could we be forgetting?
- Kate McCallister: Kevin!”