Tim Blake Nelson quotes
“You ain't no kind of man if you ain't got land.”
“Life is full of contradictions. Life is messy.”
“I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.”
“Sir, it seems that you're are a no better a judge of human beings than you are a specimen of one. Just on a brief inventory I'd say you could use yourself a shave and a better disposition. And lastly, if you don't mind me aspersing your friends... a better class of drinking buddies.”
“There's just gotta be a place up ahead where men ain't low-down and poker's played fair. If there weren't, what are all the songs about? I'll see y'all there. And we can sing together and shake our heads over all the meanness in the used-to-be.”
“Shoot anything that moves... unless it's me.”
“Anti-Semitism is not part of my life.”
“Drama and comedy, to me, are all about being surprising, coherent, and true, all at once.”
“They all have their little nicknames, however I prefer to use the names their parents gave them, the names society will recognize them by.”
“- Bolger: Do you believe in a higher power?
- Brady Kincaid: Yea, I do. I do. It's the only way to make sense of all this. Otherwise, it's just pure fucking chaos.
- Bolger: Like where we is created by him and he judges what we do?
- Brady Kincaid: Well, I think it's more like... like parallel lines.
- Bolger: Parallel lines?
- Brady Kincaid:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Delmar O'Donnell: This stew's awful good.
- Wash Hogwallop: [examining his fork] You think so? I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday... I'm afraid she's startin' to turn.”
“If I were a woman, I'd be a slut. A lesbian slut.”
“You're gonna do great things, Franklin. This place has identity now, a purpose.”
“It smells like puke from a mule been 'ruminating on asparagus for two weeks.”
“- Everett: No, thank you, Delmar. A third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without beddin' 'er back down.
- Delmar O'Donnell: Oh, you can have the whole thing. Me and Pete already had one apiece. We ran across a whole... gopher village.”