Melanie Lynskey quotes
“- John: I love you so much Paul. Do you love me as much as I love you?
- Pauline Parker: Of course I do, Nicolas.
- John: My name is John.
- Pauline Parker: Oh, but I like Nicolas so much better!”
“- Wade Handler: Did you think it was odd that, he still liked her a lot, and she hadn't really show him any real interest in over two years?
- Mousy Julie: I thought it was the opposite of odd. Guys are drawn to her like bugs surround a bug lamp. For four years I've had the privilege of watching it.”
“To take a job just so I can go on a fancy vacation doesn't really seem worth it.”
“New Zealanders can be a little hostile.”
“We realised why Deborah and I have such extraordinary telepathy and why people treat us and look at us the way they do. It is because we are mad. We are both stark raving mad!”
“I felt thoroughly depressed and even quite seriously considered committing suicide. Life seemed so much not worth the living and death such an easy way out.”
“- Rodmilla: Marguerite, precious, what do I always say about tone?
- Jacqueline: A lady of breeding ought never to raise her voice any louder than the... gentle hum of a whisper in the wind.
- Rodmilla: Jacqueline, dear, do not speak unless you can improve the silence.”
“- Pauline Parker: Oh, I wish James Mason would do a religious picture! He'd be perfect as Jesus!
- Juliet Hulme: Daddy says the Bible's a load of bunkum!
- Pauline Parker: But we're all going to heaven?
- Juliet Hulme: I'm not! I'm going to The Fourth World... it's sort of like heaven. Only better, because there aren't any Christians!”
“- Hilary: This is where we sleep, but there's no inappropriate behavior allowed.
- Megan: Inappropriate? Like swearing?
- Graham: No, inappropriate like fucking.”
“Anger against Mother boiled up inside me, as it is she who is one of the main obstacles in my path. Suddenly a means of ridding myself of this obstacle occurred to me. If she were to die...”
“Every time you talk, you say something unpleasant, so just be quiet.”
“Why could not mother die? Dozens of people are dying all the time, thousands, so why not mother? And father too.”
“It's really easy to be a prude when you're not attracted to him, isn't it?”
“There are living among two dutiful daughters - of a man who possesses two beautiful daughters - you cannot know nor yet try to guess, the sweet soothingness of their caress. The outstanding genius of this pair is understood by few, they are so rare.”