Martin Sheen quotes
“I'm talking about the classic paradox of time. Imagine, for example, I go back in time and meet my own grandfather. Long before he got married, before he had children. And we have an argument, and I kill him. Now if that happens, how am I ever going to be born? And if I can never be born, how can I go back in history and meet my very own...” (continue)(continue reading)
“How many people had I already killed? There were those six that I knew about for sure. Close enough to blow their last breath in my face. But this time, it was an American and an officer. That wasn't supposed to make any difference to me, but it did. Shit... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jeremy Collier: You told me that more people die in car-wrecks each year than died in Vietnam.
- Bob Collier: Well, I may have said that...
- Jeremy Collier: Not 'may have', did!”
“I've never liked the coffee at the White House. I think it has something to do with the 150 year old China.”
“- A.J. MacInerney: Mr.President, this is an electionyear. If you're looking for female companionship, we can make certain arrangements that will ensure total privacy.
- President Andrew Shepherd: I don't want you to get me a girl, A.J.! What is this, Vegas?
- A.J. MacInerney: No sir, this is the White House.”
“Let's send Greg Stillson to the United States Senate - and mediocrity to hell!”
“- Maj. Gen. J.E.B. Stuart: General Lee, there were reasons...
- Gen. Robert E. Lee: Perhaps you misunderstood my orders? Perhaps I did not make myself clear. Well sir, this must be made very clear. You, sir, with your cavalry, are the eyes of this army. Without your cavalry, we are made blind. That has already happened once. It must never, never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Greg Stillson: Put your hand on the scanning screen, and you'll go down in history with me!
- Five Star General: As what? The world's greatest mass murderers?
- Greg Stillson: You cowardly bastard! You're not the voice of the people, I am the voice of the people! The people speak through me, not you!”
“- Chef: I was supposed to go to Paris, study at the Escoffier School. That's when I got my orders. Well, I joined the Navy. Heard they had better food. Cook school, that did it.
- Willard: Oh yeah? How's that?
- Chef: They lined us up in front of a hundred yards of prime rib. All of us, you know, lined up and looking at it. Magnificent meat!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Roxanne Sarrault: Do you know why you can never step into the same river twice?
- Willard: Yeah, 'cause it's always moving.”
“- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When all the world is mind, I will personally fry your lard-ass.”
“- Bob Collier: I think you should leave for for your own good, I think it's the right thing to do, and it's my responsibility as a father. Once you're away from here, and had time to think about, I think you'll agree.
- Jeremy Collier: I don't want it.
- Bob Collier: Well, I want you to have it.
- Jeremy Collier: No, you don't. You want me to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We are never quite prepared for so many to die. Oh, we do expect the occasional empty chair. A salute to fallen comrades. But this war goes on and on and the men die and the price gets ever higher. We are prepared to loose some of us, but we are never prepared to loose all of us.”
“- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: Terminate the Colonel?
- General Corman: He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding troops.
- Jerry, Civilian: Terminate with extreme prejudice.
- Colonel Lucas: You understand, Captain, that this mission...” (continue)(continue reading)