Martin Sheen quotes
“How many people had I already killed? There were those six that I knew about for sure. Close enough to blow their last breath in my face. But this time, it was an American and an officer. That wasn't supposed to make any difference to me, but it did. Shit... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Chef: I was supposed to go to Paris, study at the Escoffier School. That's when I got my orders. Well, I joined the Navy. Heard they had better food. Cook school, that did it.
- Willard: Oh yeah? How's that?
- Chef: They lined us up in front of a hundred yards of prime rib. All of us, you know, lined up and looking at it. Magnificent meat!...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm talking about the classic paradox of time. Imagine, for example, I go back in time and meet my own grandfather. Long before he got married, before he had children. And we have an argument, and I kill him. Now if that happens, how am I ever going to be born? And if I can never be born, how can I go back in history and meet my very own...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: I was sent on a classified mission, sir.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: It's no longer classified, is it? Did they tell you?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: They told me that you had gone totally insane, and that your methods were unsound.
- Colonel Walter E. Kurtz: Are my methods unsound?
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“To be a good soldier you must love the army. To be a good commander you must be able to order the death of the thing you love.”
“- Gen. Robert E. Lee: We have never concerned ourselves with being outnumbered.
- Lieut. Gen. James Longstreet: That is true, sir. If we move to the south to Washington, they have to pursue us, and then we can fight on ground of our choosing.
- Gen. Robert E. Lee: But the enemy is here! We did not want the fight but the fight is here! How can I...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Carl Fox: "There came into Egypt a Pharaoh who did not know".
- Gordon Gekko: I beg your pardon, is that a proverb?
- Carl Fox: No, a prophecy. The rich have been doing it to the poor since the beginning of time. The only difference between the Pyramids and the Empire State Building is the Egyptians didn't allow unions. I know what this guy is... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Chief Phillips: My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this boat, so I don't! But one look at you, and I know it's gonna be hot!
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: We're going up river about 75 klicks above the Do Lung bridge.
- Chief Phillips: That's Cambodia, captain.
- Captain Benjamin L. Willard: That's classified. We're not...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jeremy Collier: You told me that more people die in car-wrecks each year than died in Vietnam.
- Bob Collier: Well, I may have said that...
- Jeremy Collier: Not 'may have', did!”
“I've never liked the coffee at the White House. I think it has something to do with the 150 year old China.”
“- A.J. MacInerney: Mr.President, this is an electionyear. If you're looking for female companionship, we can make certain arrangements that will ensure total privacy.
- President Andrew Shepherd: I don't want you to get me a girl, A.J.! What is this, Vegas?
- A.J. MacInerney: No sir, this is the White House.”
“Let's send Greg Stillson to the United States Senate - and mediocrity to hell!”
“- Maj. Gen. J.E.B. Stuart: General Lee, there were reasons...
- Gen. Robert E. Lee: Perhaps you misunderstood my orders? Perhaps I did not make myself clear. Well sir, this must be made very clear. You, sir, with your cavalry, are the eyes of this army. Without your cavalry, we are made blind. That has already happened once. It must never, never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Greg Stillson: Put your hand on the scanning screen, and you'll go down in history with me!
- Five Star General: As what? The world's greatest mass murderers?
- Greg Stillson: You cowardly bastard! You're not the voice of the people, I am the voice of the people! The people speak through me, not you!”
“- Roxanne Sarrault: Do you know why you can never step into the same river twice?
- Willard: Yeah, 'cause it's always moving.”