Julia Stiles quotes
“- Katarina Stratford: You don't always have to be who they want you to be, you know?
- Bianca Stratford: I happen to like being adored, thank you!”
“You know what? Derek and I like each other and if you have a problem with that, then screw you.”
“- Sara: Screw you, I'm brilliant and cool.
- Derek: You're not quite there yet.”
“- Katherine Thorn: What's the matter, those other kids didn't want to play with you?
- Damien: They're afraid.”
“Remembering everything doesn't mean you know everything.”
“Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers.”
- Derek: Do you get along with your dad? You tight and shit?
- Sara: Yeah, we're "tight and shit"; our DNA matches.
“- Paige: Sometimes I wish I could just fast forward the next five years...
- Beth: I hate it when she starts to talk about her life plan.”
“I think that ultimately I just have to be myself. You know, I don't do anything that outlandish anyway.”
“I met this homeless man who had never owned a shirt in his life. He had taken his pants and worn them as a shirt and I thought it was so creative. He was liberated from the conventions of fashion.”
“Do you think the people are gonna mind if I'm going to be their queen and all I've seen is the airport?”
“- Katarina Stratford: You can't just buy me a guitar every time you screw up, you know?
- Patrick Verona: Yeah, I know. But then, you know, there's always drums, and bass, and maybe even one day a tambourine.”
“- Katherine Ann Watson: What law school are you going to go to?
- Joan Brandwyn: I hadn't really thought about that. After I graduate, I plan on getting married.
- Katherine Ann Watson: And then?
- Joan Brandwyn: And then... I'll be married.”
“- Eddie: How do you say it colloquially? Um, yo dog, there's a party kicking at my crib if you want to roll down there with me.
- Paige: That was just sad, don't ever do that again.”
“- Eddie: The sun itself sees not until heaven clears. What does that mean to you?
- Paige: That the sun can't shine when it's cloudy.”
“- Paige: Are there a lot of princes where you're from, or are you kinda it?
- Eddie: I'm it.”
“- Katarina Stratford: You are amazingly self-assured, has anyone ever told you that?
- Patrick Verona: I tell myself that every day, actually.”
“The sun itself sees not until heaven clears. I guess it means that love blinds you. And when you're in love, you can't think reasonably.”
“We spend more time defending our relationship than actually having one.”
“- Patrick Verona: Some asshole paid me to take out this really great girl.
- Katarina Stratford: Is that right?
- Patrick Verona: Yeah, but I screwed up. I, um, I fell for her.”
“- Paige: Denmark isn't ready for a Queen like me.
- Eddie: Well then they'll have to be. Because I am.”