“Burn After Reading” quotes(2008)
Plot – Analyst Osborne Cox has been expelled from CIA and now he devotes himself to write his memoirs and to drink. His wife Katie thinks to abandon him for her lover Harry Pfarrer, meanwhile Linda Litzk works as a clerk in a fitness center and confides her colleague Chad Feldheimer the dream of her life: to go under a cosmetic surgery. Linda and Chad find casually a floppy with Osborne's memoirs and decide to take advantage of it.
All actors – George Clooney, Frances McDormand, Brad Pitt, John Malkovich, Tilda Swinton, Richard Jenkins, Elizabeth Marvel, David Rasche, J.K. Simmons, Olek Krupa, Michael Countryman, Kevin Sussman, J.R. Horne, Hamilton Clancy, Armand Schultz, Pun Bandhu, Karla Mosley, Jeffrey DeMunn, Richard Poe, Carmen M. Herlihy, Raul Aranas, Judy Frank, Sándor Técsy, Yury Tsykun, Brian O'Neill, Robert Prescott, Matt Walton, Lori Hammel, Crystal Bock, Patrick Boll, Logan Kulick, Dermot Mulroney, Robert R. Barry, Ted Bouton, Bob Bowersox, Oliver Buckingham, Michael Fawcett, William Fowle, Charles Gemmill, Mitch Giannunzio, Cliff Goulet, William D. Grey, Gary Henderson, Ron Kidd, Bill Massof, Brian McKeon, Ken McNeill, Tim Miller, Jay Parks, Roger Rathburn, Eric Richardson, Bart Wilder, Stephen Ananicz, James Thomas Bligh, Matt Cannon, Justin Doescher, Kimberly Dorsey, Liam Ferguson, Matthew James Gulbranson, Joe Jagatic, Richard Karn, RJ Konner, T. Alloy Langenfeld, Douglas Nelson, Lil Rhee, Devin Rumer, Patrick Michael Strange, Kevin Tan, Jacqueline Wrightshow all
“Burn After Reading” Quotes 11 quotes
“- Ted: I'm not comfortable with this, and I want this out of Hardbodies. We're running a gym here. God.
- Chad Feldheimer: Manolo, you didn't find this.
- Manolo: I found it on the floor there.
- Chad Feldheimer: Yeah, I know, but...
- Manolo: Right there on the floor there. Just lying there.”
“- Katie Cox: Do you think that's enough carrots?
- Harry Pfarrer: What?
- Katie Cox: For the salad?
- Harry Pfarrer: You know you really are a negative person.
- Katie Cox: What?
- Harry Pfarrer: Yeah. I've tried to ignore it. To remain upbeat. You just can't help dragging everything down.”
“- Linda Litzke: I have very limited breasts, a ginormous ass, and I've got this gut that swings back and forth in front of me like a shopping cart with a bent wheel.
- Ted: You know, there a lot of guys out there who would like you just the way you are.
- Linda Litzke: Yeah, losers.”
“- CIA Officer: He shot Cox.
- CIA Superior: Good. Great! Is he dead?
- CIA Officer: No, sir. He's in a coma.
[CIA Superior grimaces]
- CIA Officer: They don't think he's gonna make it. They don't... they don't think, they're pretty sure he has no brain function.
- CIA Superior: Okay. Okay. If he wakes up we'll worry about it then. Jesus, what a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ted: Linda, what do you really know about this guy?
- Linda Litzke: I told you, he's in the Treasury Department.
- Ted: But eh, no, I mean, you know... he could be one of these guys that cruises the Internet.
- Linda Litzke: Yeah, so am I...”
“- Osbourne Cox: Some clown, or two clowns, have gotten a hold of my memoirs.
- Katie Cox: Your what?
- Osbourne Cox: Stolen it, or I don't know...
- Katie Cox: Your what?
- Osbourne Cox: My memoirs, the book I'm writing.
- Katie Cox: Well why in God's name would anyone think that's worth anything?”