Discontent quotes21 discontent quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“- William Brandt: Aw, c'mon! It's a high-speed chase and you just had to bring a four-wheels to it!
- Luther Stickell: You bought the car!
- William Brandt: You just had to have it!”
“- Dante Hicks: I'm stuck in this pit, working for less than slavewages. Working on my day off, the goddamn steel shutters are closed, I deal with every backward ass fuck on the planet. I smell like shoe polish. My ex-girlfriend is catatonic after fucking a dead guy. And my present girlfriend has sucked 36 dicks.
- Randal Graves: 37.”
“- Dad: [Trying to feed Riley broccoli] Here we go. All right, open.
- Joy: Hmm... this looks new.
- Fear: Think it's safe?
- Sadness: What is it?
- Disgust: Okay, caution, there is a dangerous smell, people. Hold on, what is that? That is not brightly colored or shaped like a dinosaur, hold on guys... it's... broccoli [presses buttons]!
- Riley:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Christina: You know when I was 22, my breasts were up here, nice and perky, but gravity has taken them. It's like 22, 28, 22, 28, 22...
- Courtney: Buy some new ones!”
“- Nash: You had to be here.
- Emil Balan: I've been waiting ten years for this... for what they did too my wife.”
“Jesus Christ! I'm gone for one day and the place turns into Indonesia!”
“You're gonna take that silverware and put it where you found it, nice and easy, or else I'm gonna break both your arms.”
“- Bill Kincaid: Some have dared to suggest that even poetry has rules.
- Janet: Or you make your own.
- Bill Kincaid: Right there, that's the part I never bought into.
- Janet: Because?
- Bill Kincaid: If everybody runs around making their own rules, how can you ever find what's true? There's nothing... there's nothing to rely on.”
“I wouldn't wish this rotten life off on a one-eyed ferret with mange.”
“I'm not an alien, I'm discontent.”
“- Nick Parker: I told Hallie.
- Meredith Blake: You did? And?
- Nick Parker: She went ballistic. She started yelling in French. I didn't even know she spoke French.”
“- Cassie Munro: This is the worst I've ever been treated.
- Jamie Munro: Wait till you get married.”
“You're an optimist, sir. See I had you figured for a grouch.”
“You see that city over there? That's where I'm supposed to be. Not down here with the dogs, and the garbage, and the fucking last month's newspapers blowing back and forth. I've had it with them, I've had it with you, I've had it with all this - I want room service! I want the club sandwich, I want the cold Mexican beer, I want a $10,000-a-night...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Eli Cross: The scene's wrong. That's what's wrong.
- Sam: The scene plays like a dream. Plays like "Marat/Sade".
- Eli Cross: It was shit.
- Sam: Shit? Shit, huh? Who was that that called me on the phone when he first read it, woke me up in the middle of the goddamn night, raving about the magical madhouse scene? Who was that? My upstairs maid... (continue)(continue reading)
“It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.”
“There used to be a time when you could be sure of catching old boots, cans, hat racks, boxes. Now it's prawns all the bloody time.”
“Maybe everything is already too late.”
“- Danny O'Shea: [Kevin and Danny are racing to claim the new player] This whole town may love you, but I'm the only one who knows how truly sick you are!
- Kevin O'Shea: I treated you like a prince!
- Danny O'Shea: You ignored me!
- Kevin O'Shea: I took you to see the Cleveland Indians!
- Danny O'Shea: You left me at the stadium!”