“Original Sin” quotes(2001)
Plot – Cuba, late '800. Luis Vargas is the owner of a coffee plantation and decides to marry Julie Russell, an American woman. They celebrate the marriage and the couple is overwhelmed by passion. Luis grants his wife free access to his bank accounts and invites her to write to her sister Emily saying everything is fine. When Emily visits them, she claims the letter hasn't been written by her own sister. Julie is disappeared indeed and has taken away all the money. Luis meets private investigator Walter Downs and together they go to Havana, where Luis sees Julie, who claims her real name is Bonnie. Meanwhile Walter claims to have found dead the real Julie and Luis shoots him, then he flees. One evening, Luis follows Bonnie and sees her with Walter, who actually is her real accomplice and his real name is Billy. Luis presses his wife, so she poisons him, then she repents and tries to save him, until she finally kills him. The woman is sentenced and tells a friar the whole story. On the morning of the execution, Bonnie dresses as the friar and escapes: together again, Luis and Juilia go to Morocco and are in love more than ever.
All actors – Antonio Banderas, Angelina Jolie, Thomas Jane, Jack Thompson, Gregory Itzin, Allison Mackie, Joan Pringle, Cordelia Richards, James Haven, Pedro Armendáriz Jr., Mario Iván Martínez, Harry Porter, Fernando Torre Laphame, Shaula Vega, Lisa Owen, Daniel Martínez, Farnesio de Bernal, Nitzi Arellano, Roger Cudney, Adrian Makala, Francis Laboriel, Patricio Castillo, Derek Rojo, Abraham Stavans, Roberto Medina, Julian Sedgwick, Alejandro Corp, Alejandro Reza, Guy Cyr De Saint, Julio Bracho, George Belanger, Osami Kawanoshow all
“Original Sin” Quotes 19 quotes
“- Julia Russell: You did not want a woman to be interested in you just because you owned a pretty bank account.
- Luis Antonio Vargas: Um, yes.
- Julia Russell: Yes. Well, then we have something in common. We are both not to be trusted.”
“- Julia Russell: Why did you choose an American wife?
- Luis Antonio Vargas: Well... here we are the past, and there you are the future. Why did you choose to leave it?
- Julia Russell: To escape the future. To become someone else i think.
- Luis Antonio Vargas: I am someone else with you... someone more like myself.”
“Parting is such sweet sorrow.”
“- Luis Antonio Vargas: Have you no conscience at all? I mean...
- Julia Russell: Yes of course I do. But you see, I don't let it get the best of me. It's just something that happened. It had to be done. And when something has to be done, you do it, right? So here's to us, a short life, but an exciting one.”
“- Luis Antonio Vargas: I want to give her everything. And I want to take everything from her.
- Alan Jordan: Oh Louis, you're a lost man.”
“Do you love me? Or you're not the loving kind?”
“- Luis Antonio Vargas: Julia, I just killed a man!
- Julia Russell: I just bought a hat.”
“This is not a love story, but it is a story about love. About those who give in into it, and the price they pay. And those who run away from it, because they are afraid, or because they do not believe they're worthy of it. She ran away. He gave in.”
“If someone would bring me my coffee every morning before I dressed, I would be very happy. It would change the day.”
“- Luis Antonio Vargas: I don't dance.
- Julia Russell: I say you do.”
“It's the theater. I love it - even the cheap melodrama.”
“Love is not for me, Alan. Love is for those people who believe in it.”