“Waking the Dead” quotes(2000)
Plot – Fielding Pierce is aiming for a position at the Congress. His existence is shattered by strange visions.
All actors – Billy Crudup, Bill Haugland, Nelson Landrieu, Ivonne Coll, Jennifer Connelly, Maxine Guess, Paul Hipp, Hal Holbrook, Lawrence Dane, Ed Harris, Robert Harding, Janet McTeershow all
“Waking the Dead” Quotes 15 quotes
“- Sarah Williams: So few people get what they want. And the ones they do aren't really the lucky ones anyway.
- Fielding Pierce: They're not? Who are?
- Sarah Williams: The ones that do what they are meant to.”
“You are the incarnation of your family's ambition. I am the incarnation of your family's fear.”
“We will never be apart. We may be at each other's throats or we may be separated by 5,000 miles, but we'll never be apart.”
“- Fielding Pierce: I am so sick of having to apologize for being an American.
- Father Mileski: North American.
- Fielding Pierce: God, I'm so sorry. Yes, North American. But I can't help noticing that when people run to freedom they tend to wash up on North American shores. This country is till the best that we've been able to do in the whole...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Sarah Williams: I don't want to watch you turn into a cog in their machine.
- Fielding Pierce: That's so fucking condescending. Sometimes cogs can make machines run a little but better.
- Sarah Williams: Sometimes yes. Mostly they turn in circles and wear out. Then they get replaced.”
“- Sarah Williams: It is so infuriating loving you sometimes!
- Fielding Pierce: Well, the feeling's mutual.”
If anybody really knew Kennedy, you think they would've voted for him? You gotta be strong. So strong you're gonna want to blow your brains out. But you won't. So strong, people can say right to your face "You're a dirty, lying son of a bitch", and it's not gonna make a bit of difference.
“Ambition is... the ice on the lake of emotion.”
“You have to love me too. Not an image, not an idea. And not in spite of who I am.”
“- Sarah Williams: You can't be everything to me.
- Fielding Pierce: I want to be.
- Sarah Williams: Oh, dear. I love that you said that.”
“I'm tired and I don't see things the way that I used to. Everything is fucking strange and it's all completely out of control and I'm frightened. And maybe if you all could give me some real help. Not your pity or generosity but some help. If I don't say this now I may never say it. Everything is going very fast. It's completely out of control....” (continue)(continue reading)