Conscience quotes60 conscience quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Fear is the tax that conscience pays to guilt.”
“People don't want the truth anymore, Matt. It's too messy. Keeps them up nights.”
“Down here they say rattlesnakes don't commit suicide.”
“Conscience... that stuff can drive you nuts!”
“- Vic DeRubis: Open it, Alec! There ain't no race, so I gotta kill you!
- Alec Stewart: I can't let you do it, Vic! You'll hate yourself in the morning!”
“You are better at this than any of us. Your only problem is you have a soul.”
“Experts say unconsciousness occurs before pain has time to register. They agree that electrocution does not hurt. But it does. Unimaginably.”
“- Richard Twat: I trust you've slept well?
- Mr. Johnson: We had rather a rough night, actually.
- Richard Twat: Ah well, the perils of adultery.”
“Guess he won't need me anymore. What does an actor want with a conscience, anyway?”
“Better get ready for the Judgement morning.”
“He was my patient for fifteen years. He became an obsession with me until I realized that there was nothing within him, neither conscious nor reason that was... even remotely human. An hourago I stood up and fired six shots into him and then he just got up and walked away. I am talking about the real possibility that he is still out there!”
“There's so few people in this town with a conscience.”
“What was this drug? I couldn’t stay messy on it. I hadn’t had a cigarette in six hours. Hadn’t eaten. So abstemious and tidy. What was this? A drug for people who wanted to me more anal retentive. I wasn’t high. I wasn’t wired. Just clear. I knew what I needed to do and how to do it.”
“- Felina: My fear is my curse. What's yours?
- John Smith: I was born without a conscience.”
“That little voice in the back of your head right now, it's not conscience, it's fear.”
“This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity.”
“- Dory: Who's that?
- Marlin: Who's that? Who else would it be? It's me!
- Dory: Are... are you my conscience?
- Marlin: Yes, I'm your conscience. We haven't spoken for a while. How are you?
- Dory: Eh, can't complain.
- Marlin: Good. Now, Dory, do you see anything?
- Dory: Yes, I see... a light. Hey, conscience, am I dead?”