Antonio Banderas quotes
“Saving the world, as it turns out, is very hard, you know? Long hours, bad pay, and perhaps the world does not want to be saved. Inside all of us, there are packs of wolves, some flocks of sheep roaming through our thoughts. We want to be fair, and yet, we want to win. We want to be righteous, but we want to get ahead. Such is our struggle. Uh,...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Life disgusts me like a useless medicine. And it is then when I feel with clear visions how easy it would be to get away from this tedium if I had the simple strength of wanting to really push him away.”
“Writing is like drawing but with letters.”
“Simple truth of the world is that most games, for someone to win, well, someone has to lose.”
“- Tommy Lucero: Your eyes... your eyes don't lie, do they?
- Martha Durand: Life's too short for lies.”
“- Louis: What if all I have is my suffering, my regret?
- Armand: Don't you want to lose it?
- Louis: Why? So you can have that too? The heart that mourns her, her that you burnt to a cinder.
- Armand: Louis, I swear that I...
- Louis: Ah, but I know you did. I know. You, who regrets nothing, you, who feels nothing. If that's all I have left to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Julia Russell: You did not want a woman to be interested in you just because you owned a pretty bank account.
- Luis Antonio Vargas: Um, yes.
- Julia Russell: Yes. Well, then we have something in common. We are both not to be trusted.”
“- Elena: I have broken the fourth commandment, padre.
- Alejandro Murrieta: You killed somebody?
- Elena: No, that is not the fourth commandment.”
“- Tommy Lucero: So... Am I gonna see you again?
- Martha Durand: That all depends on you.”
“- Shrek: I can't believe I'm going to be a father. How did this happened?
- Puss in Boots: Allow me to explain. When a man falls in love with a woman, he is overcome with powerful urges...”
“- El Mariachi: What do you think?
- Fideo: I don't think, I drink.”
“- Dr. Sarah Taylor: Mr. Ramirez, my mother taught me never to talk to strangers.
- Tony Ramirez: If you never talk to strangers, you'll never meet anyone new.”
“- Tommy Lucero: I'll be out of any jail you put me in by 3 o'clock Friday.
- Inspector Laborde: And why is that?
- Tommy Lucero: Oh, because I have to see someone at 4 o'clock on Friday.”
“The choice was your's and no one else's. You can cry for a body in despair. Hang your head because she is no longer there. To shine, or dazzle, or betray.”
“How she lived. How she shone. But how soon the lights were gone.”
“- Studer: What's in this for you?
- Rodrigo: Besides my money? A new life. And a new wife.”
“- Gregorio Cortez: Remember when we could sense danger a mile away?
- Ingrid Cortez: Those were the days.”
“- Buscemi: What happens when he's dead?
- El Mariachi: When Bucho's dead... it's over. He is the last one.
- Buscemi: End of payback? An eye for an eye and all that crap? You finally gonna be satisfied?
- El Mariachi: I think so.
- Buscemi: I hope so. 'Cause, I don't have the stomach for this anymore.”
“- Julia Russell: Why did you choose an American wife?
- Luis Antonio Vargas: Well... here we are the past, and there you are the future. Why did you choose to leave it?
- Julia Russell: To escape the future. To become someone else i think.
- Luis Antonio Vargas: I am someone else with you... someone more like myself.”
“Give me the strength to be what I was, and forgive me for what I am.”
“I'd rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.”