“Requiem for a Dream” quotes(2000)
Plot – Jewish widow Sara Goldfarb lives alone in Coney Island and is obsessed with the idea of wanting to be on her favorite TV show. Her son Harry, his girlfriend Marion and his friend Tyrone are looking for a better life, which is why they take drugs in order to forget the reality in which they live. The quartet is dragged into a downward spiral that gradually brings them closer to anguish and degradation.
All actors – Ellen Burstyn, Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly, Marlon Wayans, Christopher McDonald, Louise Lasser, Marcia Jean Kurtz, Janet Sarno, Suzanne Shepherd, Joanne Gordon, Charlotte Aronofsky, Mark Margolis, Michael Kaycheck, Jack O'Connell, Chas Mastin, Ajay Naidu, Sean Gullette, Samia Shoaib, Peter Maloney, Abraham Abraham, Aliya Campbell, Te'ron A. O'Neal, Denise Dowse, Bryan Chattoo, Eddie De Harp, Scott Franklin, Peter Cheyenne, Brian Costello, Abraham Aronofsky, James Chinlund, Olga Merediz, Allison Furman, Robert Dylan Cohen, Ben Shenkman, Keith David, Dylan Baker, Shaun O'Hagan, Leland Gantt, Bill Buell, Jimmie Ray Weeks, Gregg Bello, Henry Stram, Heather Litteer, Jenny Decker, Ami Goodheart, Nina Zavarin, Stanley B. Herman, Scott Bader, Jim Centofanti, Scott Chait, Daniel Clarin, Ben Cohen, Eric Cohen, Brett Feinstein, Ricky Fier, John Getz, Andrew Kessler, Ross Lombardo, Carter Mansbach, Scott Miller, Todd Miller, Joshua Pollack, Craig Rallo, Geordan Reisner, Keith Scandore, David Seltzer, Chris Varvaro, Ricardo Viñas, Chad Weiner, Jesse Weissberger, Greg Weissman, Hubert Selby Jr., Lianna Pai, John Bryant Davila, Darren Aronofsky, Diana Berryshow all
“Requiem for a Dream” Quotes 11 quotes
“That's the trouble with ya New York dope friends. Ya got a rotten attitude.”
“- Sara Goldfarb: How come you know more about medicine than a doctor?
- Harry Goldfarb: Believe me, Ma: I know.”
“- Marion Silver: I love you, Harry. You make me feel like a person. Like I'm me and I'm beautiful.
- Harry Goldfarb: You are beautiful. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. You are my dream.”
“- Marion Silver: When are you coming home?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon.
- Marion Silver: When?
- Harry Goldfarb: Soon, you holding out alright?
- Marion Silver: Harry... can you come today?
- Harry Goldfarb: Yeah... I'll come today.”
“Somebody like you can really make things all right for me.”
“- Sara Goldfarb: I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right....” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Tyrone C. Love: California, here we come.
- Harry Goldfarb: It's Florida, Ty. Florida.
- Tyrone C. Love: California, Florida, whatever. Either way, your pale ass is getting a tan.”
“I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.”
“- Harry Goldfarb: I always thought you were the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.
- Marion Silver: Really?
- Harry Goldfarb: Ever since I first saw you.
- Marion Silver: That's nice Harry. That makes me feel really good. You know other people have told me that before and it was meaningless.
- Harry Goldfarb: Why? Because you thought they...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In the end it's all nice.”