Ellen Burstyn quotes
“- Flemming: Don't you miss having someone to love?
- Adaline Bowman: It's not the same when there's no growing old together. Without that, love is just heartbreak.”
- From the movie: Requiem for a Dream
“- Sara Goldfarb: How come you know more about medicine than a doctor?
- Harry Goldfarb: Believe me, Ma: I know.”
- From the movie: Requiem for a Dream
“- Sara Goldfarb: I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right....” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: Pieces of a Woman
“- Adaline Bowman: I see you already forgot our little talk about sodium.
- Flemming: No, I am simply choosing to ignore it.”
- From the movie: The Spitfire Grill
“The interesting thing about doing a play is to find a way to make it fresh and do it as though you were doing it for the first time.”
- La trovi in Money and Actors
“- Viviane Joan 'Vivi' Abbott Walker: I tried to be the best momma I could.
- Connor McGill: How did that go?
- Viviane Joan 'Vivi' Abbott Walker: Not so hot.”
“- George Peters: Did you know we've made love 113 times?
- Doris: What?
- George Peters: I figured that out on my Bowmar calculator.”
“- Doris: Oh, good, he didn't ask about the girdle.
- George Peters: What?
- Doris: The girdle!
- George Peters: Oh, great! Now he probably thinks I'm a homo!”
“- George Peters: First time I had sex I was 18 years old. We were in the back seat of a parked 1938 Dodge Sedan. Right in the middle of it, we were rear-ended.
- Doris: Oh, and you didn't have any insurance?
- George Peters: No. That's not exactly what I mean. I mean, look... take last night. Do you know what the radio was playing while we were...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: W.
“- Barbara Bush: The fact is you can't win.
- George W. Bush: Why do you say that?
- Barbara Bush: Because you're too much like me. You're loud, and you've got a short fuse. Now, Jeb is like your father. He thinks before he speaks.”
“- George Peters: When It comes to life, I've got a brown thumb.
- Doris: What do you mean?
- George Peters: I mean that nothing I ever do turns out right.”
“- Doris: You know, I can really talk to you. It's just amazing. I find myself saying things to you that I didn't even know I thought. I noticed that yesterday right after we met in the restaurant.
- George Peters: We had instant rapport. Did you notice that too?
- Doris: No. But I know we really hit it off.”
“- Doris: I got pregnant when I was just 18. So I've never really had any time to just think. You know, I mean about... well, what I think about. Never mind. I don't know what I am trying to say. Some times I think I am crazy.
- George Peters: Why?
-Doris: Well, Ok, like take my life. Now, We live in a 2-bedroom duplex in downtown Oakland and we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- George Peters: Why do you have to look so luminous? I mean, it'd make things so much easier if you woke up with puffy eyes and blotchy skin like everyone else.
- Doris: Guess God thought chubby thighs were enough.”
“- George Peters: Doris, what the hell is the matter?
- Doris: If memory serves me correctly, I just had a labor pain.
- George Peters: You can't have. It must be indigestion.
- Doris: No, there's a difference. Indigestion doesn't make you eyes bug out.”
- From the movie: Playing by Heart
“- George Peters: When I touched you just now, I started to get excited. What kind of a pervert am I? Staring at a 200 pound pregnant woman, and I'm getting hot!
- Doris: Well, I'll tell you something. That is about the nicest thing that anybody's said to me in months.”